Premier League 2019/20

2 hours ago, TheBoyBeevers said:

<Insert comment about how nobody is worth £41m> 

Can see why they’ve gone for him. Fits the Pep build. Very good on the ball, technically very good and (unlike Stones) he can defend a bit as well. Don’t think he’s a really top-end centre half on what I’ve seen, and also don’t know about the balance between him and Laporte. Assume that’ll be the first choice pairing and it’s a bit lightweight for me. Maybe I’m old fashioned but you don’t see too many Premier League title winning sides without a dominant CB (VVD, Kompany, Vidic, Terry, off the top of my head). Even Pep’s most successful teams in other countries have tended to have a strong presence at centre-half even though he’s obviously needed them to play as well. 

Read Yesterday bot him and Laporte are left footers too. This it was Carragher saying you don't often see two left footers in a back 2.

On 28/07/2020 at 09:52, NorfolkNChance said:

Lazio were only a point behind Juventus pre lockdown but they’ve had a mare since the restart.

Serie A has been great post lockdown with high scoring competitive games throughout. Inter , Atalanta, AC Milan, Sassuolo, Juventus averaging almost 3 goals scored a game since the restart. It’s one of the few leagues that has adapted to the no fans situation and actually put entertainment on show. Atalanta have scored 96 goals in Serie A alone with 2 games left , only Man City have done that in England. 

Atalanta finished on 98 goals, Immobile scored 35 goals in 36 games, Inter finished 1 point behind Juventus and the difference between 1st and 4th was just 5 points. 

Right snooze fest Serie A innit 

Probably the right decision.

They've been declining for at least 18 months. Getting them back up will be a tough task anyway. Howe was probably smart enough to realise that would be the case. Best to leave with your legacy largely in tact, rather than get fired halfway through a Championship season.

No denying the job he did there, taking them from bottom of league two to the Prem for 5 years.

In saying that, I dont really buy into this fairytale nonsense. They were backed by a Russian oligarch and were spending good money in the Championship. Reportedly, they owe a load in unpaid transfers fees too.

Howe is pretty much the modern day Alan Curbishley. Wonder if he will go elsewhere and succeed or disappear like Curbishley did.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fairy Tail Owl said:

Lampard Moaning about the short break between this season and next? You just had 100 days off

Chelsea needing any sort of extra help just strains credulity.

STFU, and go ask Roman for another few millions for player outlay, you jumped up bourgeoisie.

• Love 1

18 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Looking like Sancho close to joining Man U. Be a very good signing but seems like a crazy amount of money. I may be completely wrong but is he a similar player to Fernandes?

He's wide player or inside forward.

Fernandez is an attacking central midfielder.

4 hours ago, NorfolkNChance said:

That’s some attacking line up at Man U if they get Sancho

A front three made up of Martial, Rashford, Greenwood , Sancho with Fernandes in behind 

Quite good for England too that 3 of our best young talents are playing together and with pogba, Fernandes and martial. 

Hopefully Kane gets a move too

The deal for Sancho is a structured deal worth over 100m if certain things happen. (Win champs league, land on the moon etc.)

However, and amazingly, by doing this deal and negotiating Alex Sanchez’s departure to Inter Milan (cancelling contract basically) they actually SAVE money by signing Sancho because of the ridiculous money Sanchez is on.