Ticket prices in away end

11 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

So if the fans fund our promotion, will our chairman give the fans a percentage of the treasure chest he will receive? 

Thought not.

at around £40 those that don't like it, shouldn't go.

those that can't afford it, cannot go.

but it has to be funded, and at present this dc's method.

we are paying for mistakes that have been made in the purchase of players, and not selling any on.

that has started to be corrected.

12 hours ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

When I said 'any price' I meant within the realms of ticket prices. 

Obvs no ones going to pay £1k a ticket! 

ie what if they'd been £44 or £49 or £54? Would the attendance have been much lower?

If not, does that mean its OK to charge those prices? 

What is the 'better way' you mention and why wouldn't it work? 

when we came up from the third (L1) I thought we should have gone around and mopped up any and all the better players in that division a side as big as sheffield wednesday could attract by unsettling them. after all we'd just signed off by playing in front of 40,000. who in that division had half of that potential? 

but with milan only being interested in selling the club on, we didn't.

when dc took over he talked of 'promotion' everybody was thrilled, but we didn't look at good young players either from L1 or much loan wise, we bought, and bought more.

stuart gray had a very 'competitive' side that only needed better attacking options to allow it seriously stick it's nose into the mix.

all that was lost as the club altered it's philosophy and started to play a more 'continental' style, but was limited to just that style.

I cannot for the life of me understand why we don't mop up from L1, if we find a gem, great, if they're not they haven't cost a fortune, so sell them back to L1 level.

the pigs and dings both do vastly better than us at selling talent. they buy at £100,000's and sell at millions, with buy on  added, (ok it seems we've just heard of buy on thankfully).

the pigs (like it or not) have done a fantastic job in the time dc has been in charge here, but they appear 'driven' more than we do. we try and 'football' our way through obstacles, whilst they trample over them.

driving, forceful football with a good committed group of fit players with one hell of a cutting edge will, and does win games, but it seems an 'element' of our support that has been there for some time seems to think 'wednesday should play in a certain way'.

fancy football needs fancy footballers, and fancy footballers cost fancy money. 

I hope from what dc saw under bruce, and how we've started this season that we have had a rethink, but with money spent and backs against the P&S wall I very much doubt they'll be seat price reductions any time soon.

2 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

when we came up from the third (L1) I thought we should have gone around and mopped up any and all the better players in that division a side as big as sheffield wednesday could attract by unsettling them. after all we'd just signed off by playing in front of 40,000. who in that division had half of that potential? 

but with milan only being interested in selling the club on, we didn't.

when dc took over he talked of 'promotion' everybody was thrilled, but we didn't look at good young players either from L1 or much loan wise, we bought, and bought more.

stuart gray had a very 'competitive' side that only needed better attacking options to allow it seriously stick it's nose into the mix.

all that was lost as the club altered it's philosophy and started to play a more 'continental' style, but was limited to just that style.

I cannot for the life of me understand why we don't mop up from L1, if we find a gem, great, if they're not they haven't cost a fortune, so sell them back to L1 level.

the pigs and dings both do vastly better than us at selling talent. they buy at £100,000's and sell at millions, with buy on  added, (ok it seems we've just heard of buy on thankfully).

the pigs (like it or not) have done a fantastic job in the time dc has been in charge here, but they appear 'driven' more than we do. we try and 'football' our way through obstacles, whilst they trample over them.

driving, forceful football with a good committed group of fit players with one hell of a cutting edge will, and does win games, but it seems an 'element' of our support that has been there for some time seems to think 'wednesday should play in a certain way'.

fancy football needs fancy footballers, and fancy footballers cost fancy money. 

I hope from what dc saw under bruce, and how we've started this season that we have had a rethink, but with money spent and backs against the P&S wall I very much doubt they'll be seat price reductions any time soon.

Well put. 

The horse has indeed bolted. 

That said there's nothing wrong with us adopting an element of what the dings and blunts do to help balance the books. 

22 hours ago, torres said:

Pigs didn’t have our sickening prices 

Huddersfield didn’t 

Wolves didn’t 

Bournemouth didn’t etc 

No way are our prices defendable. 

We charge supporters what we do then pay no marks like Abdi, Jones, Hooper scandalous amounts for sitting on their backsides for 2 years 

No one to blame but the club for what we charge 

Pigs were charging minimum £34 for category A* games last season. 

12 hours ago, rickygoo said:

£20 a head today it would have sold out. 

With SAG I doubt we would have been able to let many more in. 30,000 max?

2 minutes ago, bradowl said:

So the club maximised income v attendance yesterday. 

I think Dorian has nailed it, the club are charging these prices to pay for past errors, not for profiteering purposes. 

17 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

I think Dorian has nailed it, the club are charging these prices to pay for past errors, not for profiteering purposes. 

It’s Chansiri’s way. He’s done it since the Bristol City game. I get it - it’s a commercial decision to milk away and casual fans and drive up ST sales. It’s just not a decision some of us like. 

33 minutes ago, bradowl said:

if that is so, I would imagine the club would have to be daft not to have enquired about such limits for games upcoming, and price accordingly to the clubs needs.

14 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

It’s Chansiri’s way. He’s done it since the Bristol City game. I get it - it’s a commercial decision to milk away and casual fans and drive up ST sales. It’s just not a decision some of us like. 

there are a lot of things in life we don't like, you either have to put up with it, or walk away.

at £40 a game, i'll pick my games, he'll get X number of £40's out of me, but it'll only be the same total amount as X+ number of £30's. and he runs the risk of me finding something else to do at the same time.

37 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

They have charged these prices from day one !

They are taking the p out of the working  bloke 

If the club do want to maximize revenue I suggest they stand in a line five minutes before half time and watch as folk try to give the club a fiver for a pint of cider !

I was about tenth in the queue of which there was two with only two serving ,no pre pulled drinks ,no pulling two pints at a time ,think Witherspoon and double it 

I had to throw the drink down my neck and still missed the start of the second half 

In short there are thousands trying to give the club the easiest money they will ever get .....but cant !

3 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

there are a lot of things in life we don't like, you either have to put up with it, or walk away.

at £40 a game, i'll pick my games, he'll get X number of £40's out of me, but it'll only be the same total amount as X+ number of £30's. and he runs the risk of me finding something else to do at the same time.

That's why I like the idea of a voucher system.

Like a mini season ticket... say 8 matches for £250.

tbh I also went to quite a few away games last season, there was some value to be had ...you get to see other grounds and enjoy the 'away experience' !

On the face of it ticket sales looks very simple but when you start to factor in season tickets, potg's and the various game categories it soon gets quite complicated.

Easier just to say £39 or do one.

1 hour ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

That's why I like the idea of a voucher system.

Like a mini season ticket... say 8 matches for £250.

tbh I also went to quite a few away games last season, there was some value to be had ...you get to see other grounds and enjoy the 'away experience' !

On the face of it ticket sales looks very simple but when you start to factor in season tickets, potg's and the various game categories it soon gets quite complicated.

Easier just to say £39 or do one.

it is, but it's not 'good' business to do so is it?

what was yesterday's gate?

On 11/08/2019 at 09:57, the monk said:

They have charged these prices from day one !

They are taking the p out of the working  bloke 

If the club do want to maximize revenue I suggest they stand in a line five minutes before half time and watch as folk try to give the club a fiver for a pint of cider !

I was about tenth in the queue of which there was two with only two serving ,no pre pulled drinks ,no pulling two pints at a time ,think Witherspoon and double it 

I had to throw the drink down my neck and still missed the start of the second half 

In short there are thousands trying to give the club the easiest money they will ever get .....but cant !

Couldn't agree more, I went down at 42 mins (North stand, away end) there was about 10/15 people in front of me, I got served just as the 2nd half was kicking off. Missed 10 minutes of the second cause I weren't rushing my drink. 

One person pulling the drinks as the orders came in, why not just pull 10 pints of lager /cider about 40 mins, when you get down to five start pulling a couple more, just keep a steady flow. The service in the ground is pathetic, I don't like to berate the staff, they're only doing their job, but anyone who needs a calculator to work out what 2 × £3.50 is shouldn't be working in sales or with money full stop. 

I'm currently near Lorient in France. Went to their match the other week. Half time we went down to the concourse for a drink. They'd got a load of half pints pulled ready in plastic pint pots. If you wanted a pint they topped it up. If you wanted a half they put a bit more in to give it some fizz and life. It cuts down the time massively and the drink was fine. 

OK, the total crowd there was a lot less than we get but we noticed that nearly everyone in the stands went down to the concourse, possibly just for a smoke judging by the amount of smokers, but they were all there to be sold to.