Ticket prices in away end

8 hours ago, horny owl said:

Its £39 on the kop so it’s £39 on the Presto Stand

...and that’s after ‘selling’ our ground for millions (and still being in some financial trouble). 

It seems like ticket prices won’t ever be reasonable at this rate. 

9 hours ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

“20 is plenty” should be the slogan for the whole ground, whole league, whole country.

Genuinely not sure if I would have ever been an Owl if it had cost this much when I was growing up. 

There needs to be a level of realism as well. How can a club compete, whilst attempting to fight off the P&S rules, and probably reduce revenue by selling 20 quid tickets? We’ve already seen over the years at S6 that cheap tickets doesn’t equal higher attendances as well + add in the SAG factor. 

Dont get me wrong, ticket prices at S6 are eye watering. But we’re not the only ones. It’s not just a Wednesday, or a Leeds or a Blackburn issue its symptomatic of a problem in football in general. The PL can “afford” to give away cheap tickets given the vast sums they earn from TV revenue. 

If Wednesday / Chansiri were milking the fans and taking the cream off the top and pocketing it i’d be all over this, but they aren’t.

36 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

If Wednesday / Chansiri were milking the fans and taking the cream off the top and pocketing it i’d be all over this, but they aren’t.

Saturday 8th August 2015. When we played Bristol City at home and had the shockingly high ticket price (for that time). 

I know we need money now, but I’m not sure it was very justifiable then - and it’s just carried on from this point. 

7 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Saturday 8th August 2015. When we played Bristol City at home and had the shockingly high ticket price (for that time). 

I know we need money now, but I’m not sure it was very justifiable then - and it’s just carried on from this point. 

Yeah I think it coincided as we started spending large sums on players/wages didn’t it really. 

Not trying to justify it as such - I know the prices are horrific. What I’m trying to say, and maybe poorly, is that the P&S rules and such things give the likes of Wednesday maybe a  excuse or a reason to charge these levels. I get that not all clubs under these same conditions take the same stance, but each clubs setup is different. 

Its a football issue as a whole. It’s a rip off. But it’ll continue to be a rip off, and clubs will continue to haemorrhage money while ever players earn as much as they do and attract the obscene transfer fees that they do .

12 hours ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

£39 seriously? 

Totally embarrassing ticket price for our away end.

Do we pay anything close to this to visit away grounds elsewhere in this division? 

Leeds...Norwich and Ipswich can be high when they’re in division 

12 hours ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Yes there is,but when that league gets £8 billion in broadcast revenue,its not hard to understand why really is it.

yes to the premier league its nothing , to us we average 2000 away supporters (appx) per game and average £34 (there aint many £39 charges like today) 2000x23 games = £184000 but some are kids so that figure will be less than 150k a season then at a lower ticket price(£30) a few more away supporters would come as quite a few have refused to pay those prices over past 5 seasons . so reality is I don't think charging £30 would harm us or any other league club. the league needs to sort this.

13 hours ago, Brando17 said:

ps its 25 quid tops in the prem for away fans,Man City,Liverpool etc a joke !!!

that's premier money for you, we haven't got that.

more importantly we haven't got 'parachute money' either, and we have to compete with that week on week, hence the gate prices.

15 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

yes to the premier league its nothing , to us we average 2000 away supporters (appx) per game and average £34 (there aint many £39 charges like today) 2000x23 games = £184000 but some are kids so that figure will be less than 150k a season then at a lower ticket price(£30) a few more away supporters would come as quite a few have refused to pay those prices over past 5 seasons . so reality is I don't think charging £30 would harm us or any other league club. the league needs to sort this.

by stopping parachute payments.

1 minute ago, dorian gray said:

that's premier money for you, we haven't got that.

more importantly we haven't got 'parachute money' either, and we have to compete with that week on week, hence the gate prices.

Hence people attending fewer games than they would otherwise.

There is a core of diehards at most clubs that would go no matter the price.

Clubs has done the maths to optimise income regardless of attendees.

The bottom line is the bottom line.

3 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

There needs to be a level of realism as well. How can a club compete, whilst attempting to fight off the P&S rules, and probably reduce revenue by selling 20 quid tickets? We’ve already seen over the years at S6 that cheap tickets doesn’t equal higher attendances as well + add in the SAG factor. 

Dont get me wrong, ticket prices at S6 are eye watering. But we’re not the only ones. It’s not just a Wednesday, or a Leeds or a Blackburn issue its symptomatic of a problem in football in general. The PL can “afford” to give away cheap tickets given the vast sums they earn from TV revenue. 

2 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

Yeah I think it coincided as we started spending large sums on players/wages didn’t it really. 

Not trying to justify it as such - I know the prices are horrific. What I’m trying to say, and maybe poorly, is that the P&S rules and such things give the likes of Wednesday maybe a  excuse or a reason to charge these levels. I get that not all clubs under these same conditions take the same stance, but each clubs setup is different. 

Its a football issue as a whole. It’s a rip off. But it’ll continue to be a rip off, and clubs will continue to haemorrhage money while ever players earn as much as they do and attract the obscene transfer fees that they do .

what you post is obvious common sense. I find it quite staggering that some cannot see it.

they want us to challenge, they want us to make the play offs, they want promotion, but they don't want to pay for it, well who should then?

it the 50,000 that turn up for play off finals turned out every two weeks the maybe entry prices could be lower, but they don't.

1 minute ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Hence people attending fewer games than they would otherwise.

There is a core of diehards at most clubs that would go no matter the price.

Clubs has done the maths to optimise income regardless of attendees.

The bottom line is the bottom line.

there isn't a core of 'diehards'...that would go 'no matter the price', if it was £1,000 a game there'd be likely nobody there.

if it was £25 a game there'd be more there than at present BUT, would the crowd increase at £15 a game less bring in the same revenue, I doubt it would.

the club should explore getting every penny it can from outside areas, and I hope we're getting better at this, but unless you buy into a season ticket offer, you're faced with £40 a game at times, sad but true, and when people start to drop it off to do other things at the w/e, then long term you lose fans. 

there is a better way, but it cannot be employed at sheffield wednesday.

10 minutes ago, torres said:

£20 for Reading 

£25 for Preston 

Our pricing policy is a disgrace and should be brought to task 

Trouble is FA are equally as useless 

it's the fa that are responsible for it.

we have to compete with parachute payments whilst 'restrained' by P&S.