Club Statement

Feels like a symptom of the recent Hillsborough trial to me this.  They aren't getting enough prosecutions out of it so the powers that be (and SYP) now decide to create a report that says the forecourt isn't suitable, and therefore never was, so before you know it, it'll be the forecourts/clubs fault.

They wanted to call the game off tomorrow.  I said earlier in the week, imagine the media boner if that happens over safety issues.  Seems they're (the BBC) going with it anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

what an absolute farce! 

so to solve one problem they cause an even bigger one with overcrowding on penistone road?

it's going to be carnage, just get some coppers in a line outside seperating the fans and don't let home fans in south stand leave via LL

9 minutes ago, Nigel Farage said:

OMG, how do other clubs cope when there are just a line of stewards keeping fans apart?

Correct, old firm derby where they really want to kill each other had a line of stewards between fans! Im not one for knocking the police, but they really do need to get a grip at hboro!

How often is there trouble at that end of the ground? Where in the country are away and home fans exiting and entering miles away from each other? I haven't been to Elland Road since the away fans were moved to the side stand - how is the exit and entrance managed there at a ground with fans that have a much bigger reputation for trouble causing?

Isn't the North Stand already a bit under capacity because of restrictions down to how quickly it could be evacuated? This could have a huge effect. Surely the whole capacity of the North Stand has to be re-evaluated.  

Commission a safety report and it's likely you're going to get something like this. Much easier to err on the side of caution - and fizz me this is cautious - because no-one then gets into bother. 

3 minutes ago, Castleford Owl said:

If we have the usual policy for derby games/games against sides with big followings, the South stand won't be able to exit with leppings lane. This basically means 28,000 home fans all heading towards penistone road. FFS.

Exactly this. Still, SYP think this will be safer.... utter buffoons.

So we report their incompetence and their answer is to shut us down.  Bullying of the worst kind.  We pay the taxes that these people rely on.  They are servants not masters. Absolutely fuming, this is supposed to be a free country.

If people on the North have to enter via Penistone Road, that leaves 6 turnstiles to get roughly 8-9’000 people into the ground therefore leading to huge queues on a main road.

I think this is a bigger concern than fans entering via Leppings Lane.

That and me having to leave the crown earlier to avoid the queues

:duntmatter:

Will SAG have representatives on Penistone Road before and after the game on Saturday to see just how "effective"  and "safe" their decision turned out to be as queues snake into the traffic flow whilst Leppings Lane is deserted?

Or more likely will they be sat on their greasy behinds at home praising themselves on how big and clever they are to have told the club what to do something ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Isn't the North Stand already a bit under capacity because of restrictions down to how quickly it could be evacuated? This could have a huge effect. Surely the whole capacity of the North Stand has to be re-evaluated.  

That's a brilliant point that fella - what happens if all 12k fans in the NS have to be evacuated quickly through limited exit gates??