20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Conclusion - SWFC v SUFC 04/03/19

Two of the main points under consideration need to be looked at; namely the potential for a “Holdback” of away fans to prevent both teams leaving at the same time, but also the change in egress direction for the home fans leaving the North Stand. 

Towards the end of the report they explain why an hold back is not possible....due to the concourse area being too small.

It does seem weird how they’ve chosen a worse case scenario (Steel City Derby) and applied the lessons learnt from that.

Logic suggests different games have different risk categories. So basically only apply those rules to very high risk matches.

For 90% of matches safety arrangements with home fans exiting through LL should continue.

Edited by sheffsteel
  • Agree 1

Just now, sheffsteel said:

Towards the end of the report they explain why an hold back is not possible....due to the concourse area being too small.

True

I posted that before I got to the explanation part

lol

Amazon | Broadband | AirBnb

Good to see that the club have had enough.

I will watch with interest.

People don't have a problem with decisions if they make sense, but, none of this makes sense.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Silkstone Owl said:

I suppose getting the announcer to tell away fans to stay in their seats is out of the question 

Nah . That would be too easy and common sense. 

Interestingly MMU is ranked as the 70th best Uni in the UK

A good friend of mine has been tasked at trouble shooting there and ended up sacking (or making redundant) a lot of staff who are taking the wee wee

3 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Nah . That would be too easy and common sense. 

Every day in every way SYP/SAG prove that common sense ain't common. 

• Agree 2

Trust me I don't want to leave Hillsborough but I feel we need to for the club to go forward.

My daughter came home from school early this year and asked where does the name Hillsborough come from I said it comes from Northern Ireland she said somewhere else so I said I'll Google it, put in in the word Hillsborough in Google and all you get is pages of the disaster, that's why the club needs to be moved away from the stadium 

6 hours ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

To date, the only criminal conviction in respect of April 1989 is that of Graham Mackrell. He breached health and safety by failing to open sufficient turnstiles, even though the number of turnstiles open would have been a mattervfor a wide range of bodies to agree.

If people throw enough poo, it eventually sticks.  

Well done again DC for standing up for his club, who besides name, bears no resemblance nor responsibility to that in situ in April 1989.  

Ironic that 30 years later, a safety issue is to open less turnstiles.

Also, SYP causes all of this by insisting the Derby was played on a Monday night, their segregation rules that went wrong and the allegations of their coppers on horseback smacking people 

7 minutes ago, owler66 said:

Trust me I don't want to leave Hillsborough but I feel we need to for the club to go forward.

My daughter came home from school early this year and asked where does the name Hillsborough come from I said it comes from Northern Ireland she said somewhere else so I said I'll Google it, put in in the word Hillsborough in Google and all you get is pages of the disaster, that's why the club needs to be moved away from the stadium 

That's how they want you to feel. Fight it and stand up to the dirty cu.nts.

25 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The main thing for me is that the report is almost entirely based on information provided to MMU surrounding the last Sheffield derby - fixture - a fixture that SYP received a fair amount of criticism for from both sets of supporters due to their approach. There is also a small amount of information from the game against Aston Villa. 

Is this a fair basis on which to make such wholesale changes given that the vast majority of games in recent years have passed without any reported significant incidents in the Leppings Lane area?

That's the crux of the matter the police were buttt hurt after the critism they received after that game, and instead of working with the club and the fans they have lashed out and blamed everyone but themselves.

They sneaked off and had an "independent" report compiled.  

I can't understand why they seem so determined to work against the Wednesday community wishes.  They have a ground to police and they have the manpower and resources to do that professionally. 

Most of the police on the ground are helpful and friendly enough it's when the higher level gets involved and they start to panic when skirmishes breakout.  

Instead of standing around in groups they should stretch out and assist the crowd by directing in a friendly manner.  If they cut the macho crap out and remember that they are there to protect us, not to see us as the enemy things will improve.  

It can't be that difficult to control within half an hour the crowd has widely dispersed. You get the feeling that they are admitting that they are unable to do such a simple task.   

Edited by Mycroft
  • Agree 7

These measures look like they will undermine crowd safety, not increase it. People rushing to get out the North tomorrow, crowd builds up. Well played SAG. Reckless in the extreme.

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The report is saying that it's not recommended to hold the away fans back from exiting for 15 minutes due to the state of the West Stand and it's lack of safe space to hold fans in

I don't understand it when they say this - there is a safe place, in the bloody stand. Advise them to stay in their seats!

Just now, chrisf said:

I don't understand it when they say this - there is a safe place, in the bloody stand. Advise them to stay in their seats!

To be realistic that isn’t going to happen. That’s not how football crowds work. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

To be realistic that isn’t going to happen. That’s not how football crowds work. 

True, I suppose. What is also unrealistic is getting the whole of the North to exit via Penistone Rd - creating a very real safety problem. Nuts!

Edited by chrisf
mistake!

1 minute ago, chrisf said:

True, I suppose. What is also unrealistic is getting the whole of the North to exit via LL - creating a very real safety problem. Nuts!

I agree. What puzzles me is that this isn’t  covered in the report plus apparently the report was submitted a couple of months ago. Why all the panic now? 

28 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Just an idea would it help if the club let some of the fans exit the north stand by walking around the pitch and exit via Tango corner and the South stand?

Might lessen the traffic at the back of north stand.

This could happen tomorrow out of necessity. I can see the walkways in the north stand being dangerous with everyone trying to exit the stand all going the same way out. 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Howards back said:

This could happen tomorrow out of necessity. I can see the walkways in the north stand being dangerous with everyone trying to exit the stand all going the same way out. 

Totally. It's reckless rather than helping crowd safety. Are SAG drunk?

1 hour ago, northeastowl said:

All hell is going to break lose tomorrow, makes me wonder if that’s what they actually want to happen.

So drunken Wednesday fans turn up at 2:50 and try to enter via LL to be told by a steward you’re not allowed in mate. Walk round to the south stand and they’ll put you somewhere in there. Good luck. 

Then after the game you've got the whole of the North Stand leaving via Penistone Road along with a fuller than normal Kop....yeah all will be fine with that no worries. 

If it kicks off, which it will, only us fans will be to blame. 

SYP are not fit for purpose. The investigation should have been into their performance back in March:

Keep hold of this post, we can use it in the court case the club brings against SYP and SAG. And I'm sort of being serious here. We (fans and the club) can all see the potential problems, but SAG and SYP clearly can't.

6 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I agree. What puzzles me is that this isn’t  covered in the report plus apparently the report was submitted a couple of months ago. Why all the panic now? 

The club have been arguing back and forth since they became aware of the SAG report?