A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

2 minutes ago, Growl67 said:

The problem is some of our fans are as bad. Apparently we had fans dressed up as Bin Laden at Stockport County away in 2004 and that was a lot closer to the event. Goons are goons whoever they support.

Yep. A lot of fake moral outrage in this thread, just clinging to anything to bring em pigs down. Personally, like many have said however, I'd be more concerned if our club got into bed with The Saudi royals than the huge family Bin Laden.... Not that it's stopped many (clubs and countries) from dealing with them....

Money talks on all levels 

1 hour ago, Burnsie said:

Yep. A lot of fake moral outrage in this thread, just clinging to anything to bring em pigs down. Personally, like many have said however, I'd be more concerned if our club got into bed with The Saudi royals than the huge family Bin Laden.... Not that it's stopped many (clubs and countries) from dealing with them....

Money talks on all levels 

Yep. 

Remember some of our fans dressed as Jimmy sav 

On 21/09/2019 at 23:28, Athelwulf said:

I suspect the Blades' victory today will have been duly noted in the Everton boardroom.

If Wilder is to move, then I see Everton as the sort of club who would make a move for him.

We think that nobody outside S Yorks recognized Wilder's talents, but that's not strictly true.

For instance, when Everton were in the hunt for a manager last time I recommended Wilder to the Evertonians I knew.

Whilst acknowledging his talents, they felt that the PL is a different animal, and that success at the lower levels doesn't always guarantee success in the PL.

Let's hope today has changed that view.

They know about him. Bill Kenwright wanted him before but their new owner (Moshiri?) wanted a big name or a European manager. They were after Tuchel and others, it was when they first went in for Silva but got rejected by Watford. I think it was when they ended up appointing Allardyce because they got desperate. If Kenwright brings up Wilder again I'd guess there is a more favourable response this time.

Also, talking to a mate who is an Evertonian he thinks that Silva will be out if we beat them on Tuesday. He said to me that Saturday against United was "In the top five worst performances I've ever seen at Goodison. They came for a point with eleven behind the ball all game and ended up scoring twice even though they only had one shot. We were content to pass it around in front of them and we lost because of how bad our defence was. They deserved it because they defended so well but we were crap". 

Good mate, Everton S/T holder said pretty much the same.  United parked the bus and a combination of one dimensional attacking play and poor defending saw them get a deserved win.

He also made the same point that if we beat them this week that Silva is finished and that the natives are very restless on their forums etc.

They were booed off both halves on Saturday and they think the sum of the squad is better than the results the manager is getting out of them.  Big money spent, big expectations but failing miserably in most fans' eyes.

On 21/09/2019 at 21:12, owls maniac said:

Pigs will stay up IMO

There are so many teams in that league who have got utterly complacent and satisfied with finishing 4th bottom every season. United will pick a lot of them off because Wilder has them running through brick walls. 

Sorry. 

Just bide your time.

It ALWAYS falls apart for them

And deep down they know it.

• Like 1

On 21/09/2019 at 19:06, Good Old Arsenal said:

...oh and Charlie Nicholas who watched the Blades today on Gillette Soccer Saturday said we fully deserved the win but don't let that get in the way of your bitterness - UTB!

Oh hail the last word in football who is Charlie Nicholas.

Jeez...you real?

So you didn't go then?

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

21 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

My early prediction. They'll beat Liverpool next week. Can just see it happening with Liverpool winning so many in a row. It'll end at some point, chances are it'll end away at a team who they underestimate that plays above themselves. So basically united. 

Maybe - but I can't see them doing it to Liverpool a few weeks after Norwich did it to City.

I can't see Liverpool's defence doing a City, either.

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

My early prediction. They'll beat Liverpool next week. Can just see it happening with Liverpool winning so many in a row. It'll end at some point, chances are it'll end away at a team who they underestimate that plays above themselves. So basically united. 

I don't think their Pashun and Forged from a Quid mentality will wash with an outfit with the quality Liverpool possess . I predict their first hammering of the season on saturday. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

Stranger things have happened

We know that the pigs success is built on hard work, but nobody in the PL works as hard as Liverpool, they are relentless 

9 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Oh hail the last word in football who is Charlie Nicholas.

Jeez...you real?

So you didn't go then?

Wouldn't even bother talking to that scummy cvunt mate.

Mods should delete all the profiles like that.

The site's called Owlstalk, not pigshyte.