A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

4 hours ago, smhouston said:

Well Wilder has said they don't have the budget like other clubs so have to work with what funds he's been given

Bit surprising he's been given a limited budget when they've got the Premier League windfall every year and not a single player on more than £40k

Even more surprising when he's been given a limited budget so spunks the majority of it on a GK :duntmatter:

Is it? 

GK is the most important position in the team and after Henderson left them their biggest weakness. Its the exact right thing to do. The choice of GK is another matter, had their pants down with the kid they've signed 

23 hours ago, Anston Owl said:

Signing Bogle and Lowe for 8 million from Derby. Both will be back up wing backs. Cash went for 16 million which seemed a lot. Seems like Derby are desperate for funds. 

Also Burke coming in from WBA. Odd signing. He's crap and lazy. Wilder loves these salvation projects mind. Some one off...McGoldrick/Clarke....others dont Rodwell/Ravel.

Burke is a swap for Callum Robinson. Just discussing the plus cash part. If they pay us it's highway robbery as we need Burke off the Books. I don't know what's going on because Lai gave Pulis a kings ransom. He bought Burke and Chadli then never played them. On promotion  We were given a smallish war chest of £25m Dowling must have sat both th owner and chairman down and explained that in order to stay up both He and Bilic needed more

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

Relegation signings

Why sign Burke? in the best part of 4 years he's played 24 times  for what Pulis paid for him that's £625,000 per game Big Dave played 5 times then loaned him to celtic then loaned out to Alaves. He only had I more apperance at Forest. it was a case of Tone's shiny new toy that he got bored with after 3 games

I think they’ll have a trickier season due to the lower half teams strengthening well, but I can’t see them going down, mid table for them I would think, the Derby pair are potentially shrewd signings but they don’t seem to me to be signings that are going to improve the first 11. Ramsdale, well it’s a lot for a keeper whoever they got won’t be better than Henderson so in that sense they have a weaker defence than last year and that will cost them points. 

Ampadu could be a good signing.

Be interesting to see where he fits in though, Basham replacement maybe? At 32 he surely doesn't have much more to give. Doubt they could make this a permanent signing though, still rated highly at Chelsea.

40 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

6CE1B298-0EE8-43AB-9341-DCCF6CAA8EC0.jpeg

Must detract from the experience of having their best season in 50+ years when their first thought isn't to absorb and wallow in it instead it's taken up by thinking of us.

7 minutes ago, swfcAH said:

Must detract from the experience of having their best season in 50+ years when their first thought isn't to absorb and wallow in it instead it's taken up by thinking of us.

And make songs to the tune of sodding Black Lace🤣

• Haha 2

Unsure about the other Derby player, but those who are saying Bogle is a relegation signing are wrong, imo. Great young prospect, will fit into their system really well. Vey good signing, annoyingly.

1 minute ago, Matt_1 said:

Unsure about the other Derby player, but those who are saying Bogle is a relegation signing are wrong, imo. Great young prospect, will fit into their system really well. Vey good signing, annoyingly.

Yep, I think so too. 

2 hours ago, Matt_1 said:

I said earlier he was touted as a big thing recently.

Who does Wilder upset though to play him? Both full backs seemed to be on full form last season. That Lowe seems an odd one though. Maybe a bit of a gamble. 

7 hours ago, Skyline said:

Who does Wilder upset though to play him? Both full backs seemed to be on full form last season. That Lowe seems an odd one though. Maybe a bit of a gamble. 

The derby fans don’t understand it either. One suggestion I read was they have a hefty sell on clause for the other kid, so by paying 15m for both they only pay half of the sell on fee rather than on the full 15m. In these days of shady football deals it might be right?

13 hours ago, Skyline said:

Only takes one full back to get injured or to tire out and their gameplan struggles.

They rely on that position so much, they need to have a good backup.

1 hour ago, Matt_1 said:

Only takes one full back to get injured or to tire out and their gameplan struggles.

They rely on that position so much, they need to have a good backup.

Expensive backup, especially when they could really do with a decent striker (their own fans are saying this) 

They've spent 18mil on a keeper, 15mil on two full backs and swapped their £8mil signing for a player who had potential but has been all over with no one club that interested in keeping him. 

Could call Burke a typical Wilder signing so only time will tell if he can polish him enough to sparkle. But we're not talking a lower league journey man here, we're talking someone who has been at bigger clubs recently and failed.