A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

10 hours ago, Skyline said:

£8mil for both?

I saw £15mil for both earlier.

Bogle is a good prospect, seen a few teams looking at him last season. But they already have 2 full backs who are playing very well, so will be interesting to see what happens. 

Have they signed a striker yet? Mouse seems out of favour, Sharp surely can't keep up with the pace as he gets older and that McBurnie is proper hit and miss, their fan base aren't too keen anyway.

McGoldrick is also getting on a bit and scored what, 1 PL goal?

Didn't we try to sign Bogle when he was at Grimsby?

Edited by darra

37 minutes ago, darra said:

Didn't we try to sign Bogle when he was at Grimsby?

No, that was a different Bogle, a striker. 

Good job we didnt sign him, he scored a lot in non-league and L2 but was hopeless at a higher level. We've broken enough strikers already. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Django said:

Very odd that they haven’t really made many signings. Maybe the prince is saving up to buy the ground back 

Well Wilder has said they don't have the budget like other clubs so have to work with what funds he's been given

Bit surprising he's been given a limited budget when they've got the Premier League windfall every year and not a single player on more than £40k

Even more surprising when he's been given a limited budget so spunks the majority of it on a GK :duntmatter:

16 hours ago, Skyline said:

£8mil for both?

I saw £15mil for both earlier.

Bogle is a good prospect, seen a few teams looking at him last season. But they already have 2 full backs who are playing very well, so will be interesting to see what happens. 

Have they signed a striker yet? Mouse seems out of favour, Sharp surely can't keep up with the pace as he gets older and that McBurnie is proper hit and miss, their fan base aren't too keen anyway.

McGoldrick is also getting on a bit and scored what, 1 PL goal?

It’s not even £8m.

4 hours ago, smhouston said:

Well Wilder has said they don't have the budget like other clubs so have to work with what funds he's been given

Bit surprising he's been given a limited budget when they've got the Premier League windfall every year and not a single player on more than £40k

Even more surprising when he's been given a limited budget so spunks the majority of it on a GK :duntmatter:

Is it? 

GK is the most important position in the team and after Henderson left them their biggest weakness. Its the exact right thing to do. The choice of GK is another matter, had their pants down with the kid they've signed 

23 hours ago, Anston Owl said:

Signing Bogle and Lowe for 8 million from Derby. Both will be back up wing backs. Cash went for 16 million which seemed a lot. Seems like Derby are desperate for funds. 

Also Burke coming in from WBA. Odd signing. He's crap and lazy. Wilder loves these salvation projects mind. Some one off...McGoldrick/Clarke....others dont Rodwell/Ravel.

Burke is a swap for Callum Robinson. Just discussing the plus cash part. If they pay us it's highway robbery as we need Burke off the Books. I don't know what's going on because Lai gave Pulis a kings ransom. He bought Burke and Chadli then never played them. On promotion  We were given a smallish war chest of £25m Dowling must have sat both th owner and chairman down and explained that in order to stay up both He and Bilic needed more

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

Relegation signings

Why sign Burke? in the best part of 4 years he's played 24 times  for what Pulis paid for him that's £625,000 per game Big Dave played 5 times then loaned him to celtic then loaned out to Alaves. He only had I more apperance at Forest. it was a case of Tone's shiny new toy that he got bored with after 3 games

I think they’ll have a trickier season due to the lower half teams strengthening well, but I can’t see them going down, mid table for them I would think, the Derby pair are potentially shrewd signings but they don’t seem to me to be signings that are going to improve the first 11. Ramsdale, well it’s a lot for a keeper whoever they got won’t be better than Henderson so in that sense they have a weaker defence than last year and that will cost them points.