A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 15:04, alanharper said:

This thread/section isn't hidden though, it's been viewable by anybody for some time now without the need to register. 

Yes I look on there now and then, so what? I find their hate-filled rantings about us rather amusing tbh, but it seems that half of them are permanently camped on Owlstalk reporting back every day on everything we say on here (not just in this thread), which is a whole different level of obsession/paranoia to what you accuse me of, it's really quite funny. I think on here we take the píss in a largely comical way, but on there it's pure bile with hating Wednesday more than loving United deeply ingrained in their DNA. That's the difference between you, sorry I mean them, and us. 

Nail. On. The. Head.

At the risk of getting stick I actually signed for the Pigs as a schoolboy/youth player. I won't bore you with the protracted reasons as to why. It doesn't make me less of a Wednesday fan in fact it makes me more of one now knowing that there is a general tangible difference between the two clubs.

I trained at Wednesday too before signing for the dark side and as alanharper rightly states, we tend to ridicule and laugh at the pigs. We are almost dismissive at times which winds them up even more. I was shocked as a 15 year old once I signed for the major trophy dodgers just how the whole club (with the exception of a few coaching staff at the time) where completely consumed by everything Wednesday. Their whole ethos seemed to be about just being better than us even it meant we were both poor, as long as they were above us that’s all that mattered. Some of the vile hatred I heard directed at us was incredible. To say we are in their heads and under their skin is an understatement. Even as they are now 33 years later I've not seen or heard anything to change that view only things to vindicate it.

Of course I/we are generalising as I have friends and family who are pigs and most of them are great people. However, when it specifically comes to us some of them aren’t so great. I’m sure you’ve all experienced it. Of course they will swear blind this isn't true but being inside the inner sanctum of both clubs throughout my lifetime (unlike most of them) I can tell that it is absolutely is true.

OBB

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, OasisOwl72 said:

Nail. On. The. Head.

At the risk of getting stick I actually signed for the Pigs as a schoolboy/youth player. I won't bore you with the protracted reasons as to why. It doesn't make me less of a Wednesday fan in fact it makes me more of one now knowing that there is a general tangible difference between the two clubs.

I trained at Wednesday too before signing for the dark side and as alanharper rightly states, we tend to ridicule and laugh at the pigs. We are almost dismissive at times which winds them up even more. I was shocked as a 15 year old once I signed for the major trophy dodgers just how the whole club (with the exception of a few coaching staff at the time) where completely consumed by everything Wednesday. Their whole ethos seemed to be about just being better than us even it meant we were both poor, as long as they were above us that’s all that mattered. Some of the vile hatred I heard directed at us was incredible. To say we are in their heads and under their skin is an understatement. Even as they are now 33 years later I've not seen or heard anything to change that view only things to vindicate it.

Of course I/we are generalising as I have friends and family who are pigs and most of them are great people. However, when it specifically comes to us some of them aren’t so great. I’m sure you’ve all experienced it. Of course they will swear blind this isn't true but being inside the inner sanctum of both clubs throughout my lifetime (unlike most of them) I can tell that it is absolutely is true.

OBB

The fact they have a huge flag that simply says "we hate wednesday" tells you all you need to know about them. They hate us more than they love United, a truly strange breed. 

• Like 3

Just now, s6 owl said:

Other clubs would be all over that surely.

I'd have thought so.

Young English player who scored a lot on loan at Swansea and has played and scored on a couple of Liverpool's pre-season games. He looked decent to me. I'd have thought more around 25 million in today's market, perhaps a bit more.

Liverpool could do worse than having him on the bench this season to come on and nick a goal

41 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Relegation signing 

Disagree there. Signing a up and coming young prospect isn't really relegation signing.. a relegation signing would be someone on the down. As much as it loathes me to say it, it could be a smart piece of business.. one similar to the ones I'd like us to make when we get to the promised land.

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Would be a great signing if the other options weren’t Billy Blunt, McGoldrick and McBurnie

I think we really need a dose of reality here. Glass houses spring to mind. Let's be honest, we'd take any of those three you mentioned. Any of the three are better than what we've currently got. Would love a top class forward to sign for us to dwarf them. They're poo , but collectively work as a unit.

• Haha 3