A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

12 hours ago, kirksandallowl said:

They’ve apparently given Rodwell another 12 month deal,I thought Wilder was supposed to be some transfer market genius. Who next Ravell Morrison. 

According to Wilder they re-signed Rodwell because he "offered us versatility and gave us options within the group during the second half of last term". He was on their bench 8 times in the league and made 1 appearance - for 15 minutes. 

Also re-signed 38 year old Jagielka, after he made 2 league starts all season in which they conceded 6 goals (to be fair they were both against Man Utd and they were missing both Henderson and Egan) 

3 hours ago, alanharper said:

According to Wilder they re-signed Rodwell because he "offered us versatility and gave us options within the group during the second half of last term". He was on their bench 8 times in the league and made 1 appearance - for 15 minutes. 

Also re-signed 38 year old Jagielka, after he made 2 league starts all season in which they conceded 6 goals (to be fair they were both against Man Utd and they were missing both Henderson and Egan) 

I've always thought that by premier league standards they  have a small squad so maybe he's playing it safe?

3 minutes ago, smhouston said:

If I was them I'd be asking why Robinson has picked Fulham over them. He was already a Northern boy, they're a more established Premier team (used very loosely), and only just missed out on Europe....pretty damning

50 Grand a week and the London life style probably.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, smhouston said:

If I was them I'd be asking why Robinson has picked Fulham over them. He was already a Northern boy, they're a more established Premier team (used very loosely), and only just missed out on Europe....pretty damning

Would you want to play for Chris "100 percent effort is the minimum" Wilder? For less money in a less interesting place?

Living in London would be ace if you're on that sort of money

• Like 3

Friendly got abandoned today against top team Dundee United who are a true test than anyone else they could get. Their fans was impressed with Berge...

@AdamRosadocs added: “Sander Berge is the real deal Blades fans. Can’t wait to watch him driving at Premier League defences this season. Future £50million+ player on our hands here.”

🙈🙈🙈

Berge may well turn out to be a very good player. Tbf, the lad was pretty highly rated in Europe prior to his move, so he's clearly got some talent. 

Of course, if he is a 50 million pound player, then he will be too good for Dem Blades. 

9 hours ago, SiJ said:

Berge may well turn out to be a very good player. Tbf, the lad was pretty highly rated in Europe prior to his move, so he's clearly got some talent. 

Of course, if he is a 50 million pound player, then he will be too good for Dem Blades. 

Can’t believe how daft this sounds, but it’s true: nowadays you don’t even have to be all that to be a £50million player anyway!

10 hours ago, Plonk said:

Playing 45 mins of a friendly against Dundee? Yep that will live long in his memory

Will do if they gave him some cake nice big slice.

Edited by darra