A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

Egan signed a new contract. Balls. Seems the story about his new big house in Wickersley was right.

Think all the squad except Lundstram tied down for 2-3 years now but not to say they won't move if bigger clubs (half the prem) come in for any of that back 5...which is the strenght of the team.  

Will they get complacent now they are all on better money? Hope so. The defence has no competition either. 

Unfortunately I think they’ll be ok next year. I doubt they’ll get top half again as the top sides can’t be as poor as they were last season. 11th- 15th would be my guess 

Edited by Django

12 minutes ago, Django said:

Unfortunately I think they’ll be ok next year. I doubt they’ll get top half again as the top sides can’t be as poor as they were last season. 11th- 15th would be my guess 

There is some logic to suggest that a few teams will be much better next season (ManU and perhaps Spurs, Southampton too) and it could be argued that 2 of Leeds, West Brom and Fulham will be stronger than Norwich and Villa were last season. But unfortunately everyone is ruling out that fact that Wilder always improves from his previous season's position. He did it in non-league, then in the lower leagues with Oxford and Northampton, then with the Pigs.  To suggest that they won't finish as high or even higher again next season means that he and/or his players have now plateaued. Perhaps, but there is just as much evidence so say that they could kick on and nail a European place this time. Plus we don't know who else they could sign yet.

I'll get slated for saying this of course.

52 minutes ago, Django said:

I think 11th - 15th will be about right.

The defence is solid but will let more in with an inferior keeper but they will prob score more...the strikers are not great but McGoldrick missed lots of chances he may take next season. I think that there are 4 or 5 worse teams for definite. There are a lot worse managers too. 

1 hour ago, Sheff74 said:

There is some logic to suggest that a few teams will be much better next season (ManU and perhaps Spurs, Southampton too) and it could be argued that 2 of Leeds, West Brom and Fulham will be stronger than Norwich and Villa were last season. But unfortunately everyone is ruling out that fact that Wilder always improves from his previous season's position. He did it in non-league, then in the lower leagues with Oxford and Northampton, then with the Pigs.  To suggest that they won't finish as high or even higher again next season means that he and/or his players have now plateaued. Perhaps, but there is just as much evidence so say that they could kick on and nail a European place this time. Plus we don't know who else they could sign yet.

I'll get slated for saying this of course.

Liverpool aside, all the top sides were poor in comparison to recent seasons. Can’t see that happening again 

• Like 1

Big shame about Egan signing a new deal. The back five the pigs have were solid last season. Would be nice to see them relegated, but i just can't see it.. Henderson not going back is a shining light to hang onto.. but they signed ramsdale who let's be honest, was the tenth best keeper in the league statistically and that was for Bournemouth. Heart wants relegation.. minds saying 11th to 15th... 

I think the fact that there hasn't been a proper pre season throughout football could make things interesting along with no pre season friendlies to fine tune sides. 

On 20/08/2020 at 15:07, SouthStand75 said:

Please tell me you’re not a member on their forum Alan 🤦‍♂️

Have to be to read their "hidden thread" about us, the most popular thread on their forum. I don't post, wouldn't want to converse with the pondlife whose banter level is making quips about the Hillsborough disaster, but go on just every now and then to marvel at the quite hilarious levels of deeply ingrained chip on the shoulder bitterness and hatred of us oozing from every post, it's incredible just how deep in their heads we are. Half of the posts on here get copied across there,  I think they must work in shifts and have somebody on Owlstalk duty 24/7. Some of them post on here as well, actually pretending to be Wednesdayites (but they're not obsessed) laughably calling themselves 'sleeper cells', they're not too difficult to spot, are they? 

Just had a look and my last post in this thread has really got them in a tizz, instead of actually reading it they've gone batshit mental accusing each other of being me, the silly twáts!

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, alanharper said:

Have to be to read their "hidden thread" about us, the most popular thread on their forum. I don't post, wouldn't want to converse with the pondlife whose banter level is making quips about the Hillsborough disaster, but go on just every now and then to marvel at the quite hilarious levels of deeply ingrained chip on the shoulder bitterness and hatred of us oozing from every post, it's incredible just how deep in their heads we are. Half of the posts on here get copied across there,  I think they must work in shifts and have somebody on Owlstalk duty 24/7. Some of them post on here as well, actually pretending to be Wednesdayites (but they're not obsessed) laughably calling themselves 'sleeper cells', they're not too difficult to spot, are they? 

Just had a look and my last post in this thread has really got them in a tizz, instead of actually reading it they've gone batshit mental accusing each other of being me, the silly twáts!

But surely you can be classed as obsessed ( or paranoid) as you are registered on S24SU to see the 'hidden thread' just to see what they are talking about regarding The Owls

Any Blade logging on too this thread ( which is also 'hidden' ) would make similar comments about how they are viewed.

9 minutes ago, ATBS said:

But surely you can be classed as obsessed ( or paranoid) as you are registered on S24SU to see the 'hidden thread' just to see what they are talking about regarding The Owls

Any Blade logging on too this thread ( which is also 'hidden' ) would make similar comments about how they are viewed.

This thread/section isn't hidden though, it's been viewable by anybody for some time now without the need to register. 

Yes I look on there now and then, so what? I find their hate-filled rantings about us rather amusing tbh, but it seems that half of them are permanently camped on Owlstalk reporting back every day on everything we say on here (not just in this thread), which is a whole different level of obsession/paranoia to what you accuse me of, it's really quite funny. I think on here we take the píss in a largely comical way, but on there it's pure bile with hating Wednesday more than loving United deeply ingrained in their DNA. That's the difference between you, sorry I mean them, and us. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, alanharper said:

This thread/section isn't hidden though, it's been viewable by anybody for some time now without the need to register. 

Yes I look on there now and then, so what? I find their hate-filled rantings about us rather amusing tbh, but it seems that half of them are permanently camped on Owlstalk reporting back every day on everything we say on here (not just in this thread), which is a whole different level of obsession/paranoia to what you accuse me of, it's really quite funny. I think on here we take the píss in a largely comical way, but on there it's pure bile with hating Wednesday more than loving United deeply ingrained in their DNA. That's the difference between you, sorry I mean them, and us. 

Bingo

39 minutes ago, alanharper said:

The hate obsession is seen from both sets if fans. It has always been the same with both sets of fans celebrating  the other's failure.  As long as it doesnt get too personal it is a healthy rivalry. 

Edited by ATBS

Guest The Horse

These 'sleeper cells' aren't particularly covert are they? 

Quite easy to spot actually. 

Spend most of their time in this section getting easily triggered with ultra defensive posts. 

Also, they will always refer to them as blades with a capital B or just united. 

Can never bring themselves to say pigs or blunts. 

Just check out the posting history on some of the names in the last few pages of this thread ; it's hilariously tragic that grown men are pretending to be fans of another sports team on an Internet chat board. Weirdos. 

Edited by The Horse

I actually had a Shef U fan actively set up a Twitter account to tweet abuse at me (similar username but not exactly the same) because he didnt like some of the posts I'd made in this specific thread. 

He stopped tweeting after I suggested he may want to seek professional help.

• Haha 2