darra

A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

Just seen the Kane disallowed goal.

Oh my..falling, eyes closed, two players crashing into him.

Four minutes looking at a screen to see if it hit his hand.

3 hours ago, gizowl said:

The problem has always been there football is run by non football people, most referees are incompetent we should be encouraging ex players, young players who don't make it to professional standard to go into refereeing. They have had excuses for years for their mistakes, game so fast  vision blocked etc. , now they have the technology and still can't get it right it's showing the refs up even more to be a load of incompetent fools. It's the same with all the governing bodies, you need people like Gary Neville, Frank Lampard , Steve Bruce, Alan Shearer,Ian Wright on these committees that have played the game, know and lived the game,these are the sort of people who should be making rule changes, recruiting potential referees and how they are trained. Our game and how it's governed atm is becoming a total farce and I can only see it getting worse. For the good and savour of our wonderful game, it's time for change. 

Never understood why this isn't happening. I'm sure there's many an ex pro who would jump at the chance to be a referee. I'm sure that it happens in the US in MLB and NFL

perhaps reffing is where all the black pro's who can't get managerial jobs should go to?

• Haha 1

On 03/07/2020 at 20:40, scram said:

It is because people wanted to take nuance out of the game - i include quite a lot of fans in that

Those that thought the game with millions of variables and multitude of opinions could be pared down into a game of nothing but certain facts

I have now seen the pigs have 2 perfectly legitimate goals scored against them yet ruled out - West Ham and Spurs

And every week we see VAR controversy - and yes, some have worked against the porkers

It is so dreadfully unsatisfactory because the authorities haven't accounted for nuance or circumstance

To make handball a hard and fast rule along the lines of ball over the line just sums up the incompetent shower running the game 

It is just like saying that any contact with an opposition player will be deemed a foul

They are ruining football for people like me so they better hope there are legions of fans who will accept the absolute travesty that they have foisted on the game

Absolutely nailed it there scram. Everything that’s wrong with VAR in one post. 

12 hours ago, jamsandwich said:

perhaps reffing is where all the black pro's who can't get managerial jobs should go to?

tenor-33.gif

On 04/07/2020 at 10:01, gizowl said:

The problem has always been there football is run by non football people, most referees are incompetent we should be encouraging ex players, young players who don't make it to professional standard to go into refereeing. They have had excuses for years for their mistakes, game so fast  vision blocked etc. , now they have the technology and still can't get it right it's showing the refs up even more to be a load of incompetent fools. It's the same with all the governing bodies, you need people like Gary Neville, Frank Lampard , Steve Bruce, Alan Shearer,Ian Wright on these committees that have played the game, know and lived the game,these are the sort of people who should be making rule changes, recruiting potential referees and how they are trained. Our game and how it's governed atm is becoming a total farce and I can only see it getting worse. For the good and savour of our wonderful game, it's time for change. 

Why should only the best players be on these committees? I'd say a lower league journeyman knows much more and would add much more to committees like you mention 

2 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Why should only the best players be on these committees? I'd say a lower league journeyman knows much more and would add much more to committees like you mention 

Absolutely, people of football backgrounds should make up these committees one of the main problems in football atm is minor league and lower divisions are getting starved into oblivion and this will catch up with the game at the top at some point. As it stands now clubs have to search the globe for talent because we're not producing enough over here. But my main point was we need to get shut of these dinosaurs that are on the EFL  FA  and PREMIER LEAGUE FOOTBALL. Like Sepp Blatter, it's time for change. 

7A0A1FB6-746E-426F-B32C-D1775DB5F728.jpeg

On 03/07/2020 at 14:00, BrucieBonus said:

It’s not the decision that was wrong the decision was to the letter of the rules, that’s the issue the rules are a farce. 

No way could you say it hit his arm 100%. It was so fast, if anything it looked to have been smashed off his back. Decisions were only supposed to be overturned with clear and conclusive evidence of an error. That was clearly someone desperate to rule the goal out for some reason.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

7A0A1FB6-746E-426F-B32C-D1775DB5F728.jpeg

So if I remember rightly Blades Leisure ltd(the bog roll prince) own the football club & now (albeit with a massive mortgage) own the ground & other property. Can someone explain how that is any different to our chairman owning the football club & owning the stadium (without the need of a massive mortgage as far as we know)?

26 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

So if I remember rightly Blades Leisure ltd(the bog roll prince) own the football club & now (albeit with a massive mortgage) own the ground & other property. Can someone explain how that is any different to our chairman owning the football club & owning the stadium (without the need of a massive mortgage as far as we know)?

Because he has no money himself and leveraged the club assets against future income. Ie if they get relegated at any point before paying off the loan they are fizzed. 

33 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

Because he has no money himself and leveraged the club assets against future income. Ie if they get relegated at any point before paying off the loan they are fizzed. 

Yeah they’ve only got another £120m coming next season plus two years parachute payments if they go down.

Bet they’re pooing themselves.

Edited by Owling with laughter

4 minutes ago, Owling with laughter said:

Yeah they’ve only got another £120m coming next season plus two years parachute payments if they go down.

Well, for one, they stand to lose around 20 to 30 million from tv money this season due to covid. 

Further, the Prince is skint, so the tv money is the budget. Fine as long as they keep their place in the Prem, but might prove problematic should they drop. 

Parachute payments do not make up for the shortfall in income from relegation, nor should they

15 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Well, for one, they stand to lose around 20 to 30 million from tv money this season due to covid. 

Further, the Prince is skint, so the tv money is the budget. Fine as long as they keep their place in the Prem, but might prove problematic should they drop. 

Parachute payments do not make up for the shortfall in income from relegation, nor should they

Absolutely correct they’re not there to make up for the shortfall in income, the idea is they’ll cover higher Premier League wages while a relegated club adjust to lower income.

Problem is they’re paying wages at the bottom end of the Premier League wage scale so any money left over will be theirs to do with as they wish.

Assuming they’ve borrowed approximately £50m, probably at next to no interest (Muslim bank to a Muslim) and over a favourable length of time to pay it back, I can’t see how even relegation would be a major spoke in the wheels in regards of this loan.

26 minutes ago, Owling with laughter said:

Absolutely correct they’re not there to make up for the shortfall in income, the idea is they’ll cover higher Premier League wages while a relegated club adjust to lower income.

Problem is they’re paying wages at the bottom end of the Premier League wage scale so any money left over will be theirs to do with as they wish.

Assuming they’ve borrowed approximately £50m, probably at next to no interest (Muslim bank to a Muslim) and over a favourable length of time to pay it back, I can’t see how even relegation would be a major spoke in the wheels in regards of this loan.

Thought he’d already borrowed against future income as well.

could be a problem if they are getting less than they thought due to Covid

Edited by kirksandallowl

1 hour ago, Owling with laughter said:

"they"  

2 hours ago, Owling with laughter said:

Competing against clubs who get same amount though, some of them more.