A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

7 hours ago, oldishowl said:

I have heard a view that the brain behind the system and tactics is Knill with Wilder as the front man, motivator etc.

Wouldn’t be unusual for that to be the case.

Obviously they tried to get at Arsenal in the air and turn it into a game of hoof ball. Not a bad plan cos Arsenal are weak defensively, shame it didn’t work.

Also think they missing O’Connell, first time they had a couple of injuries. Consistency of selection has played a massive part in their rise.

Yeah I was told this ages ago off a pig mate regarding Knill been the brains behind it all. Which is strange considering he hasn't been a huge success when he was manager at other clubs.

As it stands the pigs have just dropped out of the European places, with a group of sides just below them in far better form.

15 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Burnley just beaten Palace. Overtaken Pigs, down to 9th with Spurs to come on Thursday. 

And Pigs visit Burnley next Sunday. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Yeah I was told this ages ago off a pig mate regarding Knill been the brains behind it all. Which is strange considering he hasn't been a huge success when he was manager at other clubs.

Look at Mr coaching badges Alan Irvine.

Awesome No2, crap manager.

1 hour ago, Tea Baggins said:

Look at Mr coaching badges Alan Irvine.

Awesome No2, crap manager.

"Awesome", really?

Was at Everton when they had a couple of good seasons under Moyes, but since then he's only been an assistant at Blackburn and West Ham when they've been mediocre. 

We can't exactly take the pi$$ but not gonna lie - now CL and FA Cup out the window - it's a massive relief.

If they don't get Europa now, whilst its still an excellent season for them, they've won't have done anything notable that anyone will remember.

1 hour ago, nickswfc said:

We can't exactly take the pi$$ but not gonna lie - now CL and FA Cup out the window - it's a massive relief.

If they don't get Europa now, whilst its still an excellent season for them, they've won't have done anything notable that anyone will remember.

Depends how they finish the season...if they only get 4/5 points from the 9 games a fair few, especially potential signings, will remember 🤞

On 29/06/2020 at 20:42, Johnny Concrete said:

I recall knill bringing Bury to us one night,a league cup game,under Irvine I think it was and they totally played us off the park,they just used the ball really well and passed it without waste......but pretty sure we still won the game, Steven Schumacher was the best player on the pitch

On 29/06/2020 at 20:42, Johnny Concrete said:

If he hasn't had a motivator as his assistant or confidence in his own decisions this could explain it. 

Years ago didn't it start out with Knill as manager and Wilder as his assistant? 

25 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Apparently their new kits for next season have leaked, and their away shirt is... pink.

No comment.

I saw it on twitter earlier but thought it was a wind up.

Posted (edited)

No way would they have a pink kit. 

Just seen pics on twitter, I was expecting fluorescent pink, or bright ping like Real Madrid had, but its actually porcine pink. All its missing is a row of teats. 

Edited by latemodelchild

Fleck and O’Connell both our injured tonight.

The pigs have gone 2 seasons barely picking up an injury, the minute they get just a couple they struggle.

Had they suffered with the injury problems  we’ve had over recent seasons they’d be back in League 1 now.