A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

Guest gizowl
4 hours ago, Stoop said:

What about their £25m superstar in midfield

:duntmatter:

Yes forgot about the new Yohan Cruyff and the 20M striker better than Harry Kane :tango:

6 hours ago, gizowl said:

Think your paying them a too much of a compliment, no real quality in midfield or a quality wide man  just a well organised hard working outfit, match them for this and quality will expose them. 

Norwood has some of the best stats in the league, and anyone who can't see a quality player in Fleck needs to start watching another sport. Between him and Lundstram they also have 9 goals and a handful of assists, so hardly out of their depth.  All 3 would absolutely walk into any team in the Championship and several teams in the PL now.

We don't have to like them, but we can also recognised good footballers when we see them. 

• Like 1

Guest gizowl
3 hours ago, Sheff74 said:

Norwood has some of the best stats in the league, and anyone who can't see a quality player in Fleck needs to start watching another sport. Between him and Lundstram they also have 9 goals and a handful of assists, so hardly out of their depth.  All 3 would absolutely walk into any team in the Championship and several teams in the PL now.

We don't have to like them, but we can also recognised good footballers when we see them. 

😂Name the several PL teams, good Championship players at best, a good attacking midfielder should be looking at 10 goals of his own. Don't give me any of that STATS bullshiiit.

If my team has a third of possession but wins 2.0,that will do me.

Guest gizowl
4 hours ago, Sheff74 said:

Mr stat man , just looking at the premiership table they have scored 30 goals in 31games wow. They are a team of  stiflers with a game plan of stopping the opposition from playing and nicking a goal from a corner, free kick or throw in. If one or two players take most of the free kicks or corners and have a long throw they are going to get quite a few assists and you don't have to be a player of high quality to do this. 

13 minutes ago, gizowl said:

😂Name the several PL teams, good Championship players at best, a good attacking midfielder should be looking at 10 goals of his own. Don't give me any of that STATS bullshiiit.

If my team has a third of possession but wins 2.0,that will do me.

"Don't give me any of that STATS bullshit.."    and then goes on to use stats to prove a point lol.

As for your question, well United's midfield is easily as good as if not better than anything in the lower half of the PL, otherwise they wouldn't be sat in 8th. It isn't a fluke, or down to luck, in fact if anything, every neutral has them down as the unluckiest team in the league this season, certainly in terms of VAR and then of course the Hawkeye incident.

Don't let your hatred of them cloud your judgement, whenever we do that it makes us look a bit stupid and always reminds me of the "Bannan is better than Fleck" line that some of us belt out. There is a reason that one is playing the PL at 28, and will be next season, whilst the other is marooned in the Champ at 30 and not likely to play any higher again.

3 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Mr stat man , just looking at the premiership table they have scored 30 goals in 31games wow. They are a team of  stiflers with a game plan of stopping the opposition from playing and nicking a goal from a corner, free kick or throw in. If one or two players take most of the free kicks or corners and have a long throw they are going to get quite a few assists and you don't have to be a player of high quality to do this. 

See my reply to your other contribution.  You are making yourself look daft.

They are years in front of us. Get over it.

11 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Things can change very quickly in football, only 5 years ago we were years in front of them. 

• Like 1

Guest gizowl
9 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

They are years in front of us chestnut, light yrs in front I think they said. Yes I want to be in the prem and hopefully one day we will be but if you think I'm envious of them then it's another of your theories that's gonads. Regardless of what division we are in next season that's where I'll be, will you? If you think they are so great go and watch them, starting to smell pork.

3 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Things can change very quickly in football, only 5 years ago we were years in front of them. 

Indeed we were, but sadly, we never capitalised on it. Wembley was the chance to hammer it home, a 2 division gap ffs,  and we missed. They on the other hand caught up, passed us and have now leapt into a different orbit, financially anyway.  We may only be one league behind, but can you honestly see that changing in the near future?  As much as it pains me to say, I honestly can't.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gizowl said:

They are years in front of us chestnut, light yrs in front I think they said. Yes I want to be in the prem and hopefully one day we will be but if you think I'm envious of them then it's another of your theories that's gonads. Regardless of what division we are in next season that's where I'll be, will you? If you think they are so great go and watch them, starting to smell pork.

Man gets into argument, man loses argument, man screams "pork". 😆

I never said you were jealous, I was questioning your dismissive view players of in a higher league, just because they play for that lot. It's completely deluded to say they don't have any quality, which by the way is precisely what you said.

The table doesn't lie after 31 games.

Edited by Sheff74

Guest gizowl
7 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Man gets into argument, man loses argument, man screams "pork". 😆

I never said you were jealous, I was questioning your dismissive view players of in a higher league, just because they play for that lot. It's completely deluded to say they don't have any quality, which by the way is precisely what you said.

The table doesn't lie after 31 games.

I'm not wrong when I say they have no quality, no flair player that gets you off your seat, a player worth the admission fee on his own or a exciting winger that goes past his marker and puts a quality cross in. Hardworking well organised hard to break down yes, quality no,if you don't know the difference you should take up another sport. VAR, West Ham at the Lane, yes the goal at Villa should have stood but Villa should have had a Pen. Don't think I've lost. Chris Waddle,David Hirst, John Sheridan, Paul Warhurst, Carlton Palmer, Roland Nilsson, Di Canio  Carbone, that is QUALITY. 

Guest gizowl
6 minutes ago, EXCALIBUR said:

Where's our resident pigs gone.not seen them for ages.

Are they all in mulberry tavern waiting to go to roxys. 

Trying to get the deposit back and cancel their European tour .WTF:On blakeys busses. 

52 minutes ago, gizowl said:

I'm not wrong when I say they have no quality, no flair player that gets you off your seat, a player worth the admission fee on his own or a exciting winger that goes past his marker and puts a quality cross in. Hardworking well organised hard to break down yes, quality no,if you don't know the difference you should take up another sport. VAR, West Ham at the Lane, yes the goal at Villa should have stood but Villa should have had a Pen. Don't think I've lost. Chris Waddle,David Hirst, John Sheridan, Paul Warhurst, Carlton Palmer, Roland Nilsson, Di Canio  Carbone, that is QUALITY. 

Firstly, stop copying my insults 😉

Secondly, you are quoting a list of players from 30 years ago, f&£k me, glad to see we aren't living in the past.

Thirdly, it's clear you haven't watched a minute of them play, unless of course you are basing everything on their recent (and admittedly hilarious) drubbings?

Their whole game is based around beating teams down the flanks and putting in crosses, mainly through the use of overloads and smart pass & move between players, but you can't do that without some degree of individual pace and skill.  This is the system that got them promoted twice, and before their recent implosion, in with a slim chance of Europe.  They have had to make themselves more solid, simply to cope with the improved quality of opposition from what they have faced before, but they have managed it brilliantly, as much as it pains me to say.

To follow your logic, half of the teams in the PL have no quality, which is nonsense.

Guest gizowl
1 hour ago, Sheff74 said:

Secondly, you are quoting a list of players from 30 years ago, f&£k me, glad to see we aren't living in the past.

Thirdly, it's clear you haven't watched a minute of them play, unless of course you are basing everything on their recent (and admittedly hilarious) drubbings?

Their whole game is based around beating teams down the flanks and putting in crosses, mainly through the use of overloads and smart pass & move between players, but you can't do that without some degree of individual pace and skill.  This is the system that got them promoted twice, and before their recent implosion, in with a slim chance of Europe.  They have had to make themselves more solid, simply to cope with the improved quality of opposition from what they have faced before, but they have managed it brilliantly, as much as it pains me to say.

To follow your logic, half of the teams in the PL have no quality, which is 

Theirs no one in that side who I'd rather watch than Fessi 4yrs ago or Hooper or Lee or the first season Wallace arrived. What Wilder has achieved with championship players is miraculous but they are not quality premiership players so stop talking Shiites. The only player in their side that is premier quality is the keeper and he's only on loan. Either give your head a wobble or get your sen to the sty. 

Guest gizowl
2 hours ago, Sheff74 said:

To follow your logic, half of the teams in the PL have no quality, which is nonsense.

Their whole game is based around beating teams down the flanks and putting crosses in and it's produced a massive 30 goals, pure quality. :tango:

2 hours ago, gizowl said:

Theirs no one in that side who I'd rather watch than Fessi 4yrs ago or Hooper or Lee or the first season Wallace arrived. What Wilder has achieved with championship players is miraculous but they are not quality premiership players so stop talking Shiites. The only player in their side that is premier quality is the keeper and he's only on loan. Either give your head a wobble or get your sen to the sty. 

Ah yes, the players that got us to Wembley and bottled it, also "championship players" by the way, just in case you are still confused. 

2 hours ago, gizowl said:

Their whole game is based around beating teams down the flanks and putting crosses in and it's produced a massive 30 goals, pure quality. :tango:

30 goals in the PL and sat in 8th, oh and 2 promotions prior to that, which you have failed to mention. 

It must be a nightmare for them, twats. 

5 hours ago, Sheff74 said:

30 goals in the PL and sat in 8th, oh and 2 promotions prior to that, which you have failed to mention. 

It must be a nightmare for them, twats. 

One thing that does show is how crap many other sides this season have been. No-one cany deny their position, the table doesn't lie, but so mant other sides have underperformed. It happened to Udders last season in that they were found out. Let's hope it happens to them lot too.

Alas, we have far bigger issues to worry about on the home front.