A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

You might be off beam slightly lads ... it seems that they’ve technically ‘furloughed’ staff, but are thus far paying them themselves INITIALLY, thereby allowing said staff to volunteer for the NHS scheme ... 

ive no doubt whatsoever that they will apply to the tax payers CJRS once this INITIAL period ends 

53 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

You might be off beam slightly lads ... it seems that they’ve technically ‘furloughed’ staff, but are thus far paying them themselves INITIALLY, thereby allowing said staff to volunteer for the NHS scheme ... 

ive no doubt whatsoever that they will apply to the tax payers CJRS once this INITIAL period ends 

pretty sure that's what most businesses i  the UK are doing. People get paid as normal or 80% if it's a sh it company and that's claimed back (the 80%) from the goverment.

11 hours ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

What's this NHS scheme  ?.

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

That’s not furloughing then is it? Basically paid leave. If they were doing that I doubt they’d allow the misconception that they’re furloughing staff.

So what are they doing then, as they are paying staff 100% and not using the JRS 

It looks to me that they are trying to do this under the radar. Saying they're furloughing staff on full pay without using the JRS "for now", they seem to be laying the foundations for using the scheme in the near future but are trying to be seen to be doing the right thing.

• Thanks 1

It’s a PR piece used as a smokescreen to try and cover up that they fully intend to use the scheme at a later point, essentially speeding up the claim process. 

I expect they’ll pay 100% for a month out of their own pocket, then start the 80% claim next month and possibly make up the 20% themselves to try and save face, which is why they’ve furloughed them, otherwise it’s just paid leave at their own cost. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, cazzaswfc said:

pretty sure that's what most businesses i  the UK are doing. People get paid as normal or 80% if it's a sh it company and that's claimed back (the 80%) from the goverment.

But they’ve stated that they are not INTENDING to claim the 80 percent back ... I’ve no doubt they will do and what this is is smoke and mirrors.  Technically the CJRS doesn’t go live until a week on Monday (20th), so I expect them to ‘hang on and do the right thing’ until the 21st 

2 hours ago, sage owl said:

What's this NHS scheme  ?.

the 250,000 volunteers requested (think this far its nearer half a million) to a) transport people to routine appointments, b) call up old folk to see if they are ok, and c) deliver prescriptions and food (local authorities have a similar scheme going).   I’m a NHS volunteer, but have not received an alert yet, I’m also a local authority volunteer and doing plenty of drops under c).

Edited by Hirstys Salopettes