A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

Just now, kirksandallowl said:

Billy Sharp looks like a fan that’s won a competition to get a squad number, but somehow the manage, coaches & other players haven’t realised and picked him in the match day squad. 

Reckon he feels like that every day in training and every game to be fair.

He'll be off in the summer, he's only still there because hes a Blade and so is Wilder, one of those factors differ and he'd be back in L1 already.

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

They are laws mate.

I’m dreadfully sorry. Here you are:

You seem to be getting your opinion mixed up with the laws. It’s only a free kick if the referee touches the ball. He didn’t. There was a VAR check and they saw that it was legitimate, so the goal stood.

1 minute ago, punkskaphil said:

You seem to be getting your opinion mixed up with the laws. It’s only a free kick if the referee touches the ball. He didn’t. There was a VAR check and they saw that it was legitimate, so the goal stood.

I can debate with you now you have the terminology correct.

My opinion is yes the goal shouldn't have stood. It is also my opinion that had the ref himself chalked it off, VAR wouldn't have allowed it either because both ways would be classed as legal.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

7 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

I've given up mate, no matter how many times you write it, highlight it etc, it doesn't seem to be registering.

7 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I can debate with you now you have the terminology correct.

My opinion is yes the goal shouldn't have stood. It is also my opinion that had the ref himself chalked it off, VAR wouldn't have allowed it either because both ways would be classed as legal.

The referee knows the laws, so he’d have had no reason to chalk anything off in the first place. He knew he hadn’t touched the ball.

• Like 1

Guest The Horse

Liverpool completed more passes against the blunts today than any other team in Premier League history.

One more for the honours board.

19 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

They have hardly touched the ball. Done really well this season and today they are against the best but he hasn’t changed anything tactically just players. They look lost. 

if it wasn’t for Henderson tonight could have been double figures nearly. 

Most passes in PL history by Liverpool tonight and Man City won at a canter the other day against them, might they be getting worn out as high intensity and not letting the opposition play their game is a big part of their success?

Can't deny they are having a good season to be 8th at this stage but they are currently as close points-wise to 16th as they are to 4th. I reckon they will finish around 11th or 12th.

1 minute ago, Matt_1 said:

Unsure what the tactics for the pigs were tonight. Liverpool is the best team in the world but that was too easy.

Honestly think. they went to try and keep.the score respectable which they did. At times they were playing a 7 man defence to keep Liverpool out.

This season in the Prem:

Liverpool - outstanding 

Leicester and City - very good

Chelsea - decent but hit and miss 

Sea of mediocrity 

Burnley, Bournemouth, Norwich etc - a bit rubbish 

Edited by SiJ