Saturdays are back!

Lets see your pre/post match routine for when you're Hillsborough bound.

Mine is, late full english at home, first beer cracked open at the lunch time KO, pal comes round at HT, bus/taxi into Rawson, order 2 pints each, neck. Swift one in ground, KO starts, take it in turns with me pal who misses 8 mins of first half to get beers in.

Post match, straight to wednesday tap, back to Hillsborough corner, bus/taxi hime, moan at the Mrs for the rest of the night.

Can't wait, highlight of the week for sure!!!

First off, take dog for a walk; home cooked bacon and egg buttie; sss before hitting pub at 12. Minibus at 2 through to Hillsborough, then to Chinese on penistone rd for chip butty, then in ground.

After match, back to Swinton, into Gate then Ring o' Bells. Home about 9. Fall asleep watching EFL on Quest.

lol

Got a different match buddy this year,  but always start the first home game with a few beers in the Bridge beer garden then saunter down to the ground early to soak up the atmosphere.  Can't wait for tomorrow, Barnsley adds extra spice.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Set off about 2.20 get to the ground at 2.40.  Go to my seat, watch the game.  Leave after the final whistle and home by 5.25 latest. No money spent.  The club and local businesses must love supporters like me.

• Haha 2

Can't wait..feels like Christmas Eve

Meet the brother in town.  Couple of beers somewhere down Hillsbro corner.

Join the happy clappers at our new seats near the front of the kop.  Try and fail to keep the bad language down.

Watch our new players tear League 1 Barnsley a new one, bounce and sing songs for the last 15 minutes. 

Enjoy the loud cheer when the Blades concede their first Prem goal (s).

Probably have some argument with the Mrs when I get home even though I've given her 6 months notice.

Have a spring in my step all weekend after that.

I like to go for a walk around Hillsborough park to get the blood flowing, get to the ground for 1PM so I can take in all the pre match atmosphere and watch the players warm up, I love posing for photos with the two gimps in the Owl costumes its the highlight of my day. I watch the game, make sure to stay to the end so I can make sure the players clap the fans properly and let us know how good we are, I then scurry home to get ITV news on for 6.

2 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

I like to go for a walk around Hillsborough park to get the blood flowing, get to the ground for 1PM so I can take in all the pre match atmosphere and watch the players warm up, I love posing for photos with the two gimps in the Owl costumes its the highlight of my day. I watch the game, make sure to stay to the end so I can make sure the players clap the fans properly and let us know how good we are, I then scurry home to get ITV news on for 6.

ITV, my God, how common can you get.

My routine last few years has been to dive out of work at about 2.30, get taxi to ground, then taxi straight back to work after. Missed about half of games last season as work was busy and didn't wanna leave my co-workers up poo creak. Got a new member of staff now tho, so it looks like I'm gonna be able to take Saturdays off when we're at home. Really looking forward to tomorrow. Tram into town for a couple of drinks then gonna head to the Hillsborough tap for one. Then gonna get into ground at about 2.15 to soak up pre match atmosphere. Something I've not been able to do on last 3 years. 

08:00 leave home

10:30 stop off in services (kids busting for pee)

12:00 arrive in Sheffield

12:30 grab some food

13:00 kids get player autographs

13:30 enter South Stand so kids can go on PS4’s

14:58 sing Hi Ho Sheffield Wednesday

16:50 exit stadium and head home

19:30 stop off in services (kids busting for pee)

21:00 get home (assuming no traffic delays)

It’s a long day day but great fun; listing to various Wednesday podcasts on the way up, and listening to the evening games on the way back

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Welsh76 said:

08:00 leave home

10:30 stop off in services (kids busting for pee)

12:00 arrive in Sheffield

12:30 grab some food

13:00 kids get player autographs

13:30 enter South Stand so kids can go on PS4’s

14:58 sing Hi Ho Sheffield Wednesday

16:50 exit stadium and head home

19:30 stop off in services (kids busting for pee)

21:00 get home (assuming no traffic delays)

It’s a long day day but great fun; listing to various Wednesday podcasts on the way up, and listening to the evening games on the way back

Love listening to 606 on the way home from an away game.