Barnsley Predictions

Guest Jack the Hat
On 08/08/2019 at 23:05, Matt_1 said:

This will be the biggest test of the opening month.

I'd take a scrappy 1-0.

Our trickiest game at hillsborough so far. 2-2

Edited by Jack the Hat

Tough to call  They’re a decent side and the Burton debacle still haunts me, where following a decent performance previously, we completely collapsed. Hopefully it will be at the back of Bullen’s mind, and he will make sure it won’t happen this time. 

Were Barnsley to trounce us in our first home game, I think it would put paid to Bullen’s chances of getting the job. Yeah it’s only one game, but there would seem to be a pattern forming.  Hopefully a comfortable 2-0 win

It's a tricky game for numerous reasons. Both teams should be feeling confident. It as the makings of an early season cracker. Not sure about the score to be honest, it's a tough one to predict, especially early in the season. Just going to stick with my same prediction for last week of a score draw.

Hope Bully comes through this test, if he does, then his chances of remaining in charge will strengthen. On paper it looks very tricky with their momentum from promotion, us being at home and them wanting to put one over us for years. Which as only increased their salty bitterness. For what it's worth, history tends to favour us in this one, especially recent history and being at home.

However, as much as they look tricky opposition to face early on in the season, they might not admit it but I'm sure they will be thinking similar things of us and will be wary of our strengths too.

Think it might be a close, rollercoaster of a game, I'll go with 2-2.

Edited by The Night-Owl

Rhodes will score. Harris crossed it. Winnall will come on in the second half and get another Harris will have crossed it. Lee scores from inside the box and an overhead kick from Fletcher makes it four. Barnsley will get a

penalty when we start playing goalie rush towards the end but no one will mind because Borner will save it.

9 minutes ago, Kalamunda said:

Rhodes will score. Harris crossed it. Winnall will come on in the second half and get another Harris will have crossed it. Lee scores from inside the box and an overhead kick from Fletcher makes it four. Barnsley will get a

penalty when we start playing goalie rush towards the end but no one will mind because Borner will save it.

I remember my first joke 

16 minutes ago, Kalamunda said:

what time did pubs open?

Pessimist in me says we'll scrape a 2-2 draw. Mainly because it would be so Wednesday to have everyone turn up in new shirts, first home match, feeling good after an away win and then burst the bubble. We always seem to struggle in these matches. Having said that, if we're to mount any sort of a challenge this year, we need to be winning these sorts of matches.