Mr Chansiri please appoint Mr Lee Bullen

15 minutes ago, GerOwl said:

To be fair, this is now his 3rd caretaker spell and he seems to get better each spell. That Burton game is still ingrained on my Bullen CV though, but we seem to be moving forward.  

Name a manager that hasn’t lost badly in his career though. Too harsh to judge Bullen on that game for me.

2 minutes ago, Dronfield_SWFC said:

I hear your point but many of the best managers never payed at the highest level

Whooah there, Bully played for us, and lifted a final winners trophy!!!!, so im not sure what you mean!??.......................................................................................................................................................................................

unless.....are you saying there's a higher level than SWFC playoff final winner!!???:ohmy::laugh::laugh::laugh:

2 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

Name a manager that hasn’t lost badly in his career though. Too harsh to judge Bullen on that game for me.

But by the same token, winning 4 out of 9 games over 3 spells as caretaker, is enough to judge him the right choice????:huh:

Pressure is absolutely on Bullen. It's one thing to send out players you know, who you've worked with over summer, using a system they've trained for; it's a completely different ask to bed in new recruits and get them on board. 

How the new signings go will tell us if there's a manager there, and personally I think it's where he'll come unstuck, bless him. 

I would love to see Bullen earn the job. From the candidates we have been linked to, I can't see any benefit getting them in and rocking the boat.

Out of the 3 terms as caretaker, this is probably the strongest squad Bullen has had at his disposal. If he can't get make it work now, he never will.

13 hours ago, Weshallovercome said:

All managers have to start somewhere.

Bullen's had his ups and downs as our caretaker granted, but his last stint was good, he saw where we were going wrong and rectified it immediately.

The first game of the season was ok wasn't it, he even made decent subs.......now I'm not particularly advocating he gets the job, but there's not much out there on the managerial merry-go-round and sometimes it's just the right place at the right time scenario.

Maybe he should be given the chance, yes it might go titties up, but we can't be sure can we, it could just work.

Pretty much sums up where I am at.

I was tilting towards Rowett but his fashion sense is atrocious, his ears stick out and he talksbollocks based on his Sky appearances this past week.

:duntmatter:

(However someone posted a video from a Stoke fan recently and he has a good success rate when playing Bruce's system).

19 minutes ago, English Man said:

There's no rush to appoint him or anyone else. Let's see how it goes with Bully in this role and then decide. Might be some more exciting names in the hat by that point. 

This exactly

all the managers available now, will be available at the first international break at the end of August. Bullen has until then to see what he can do. If he has a Burton game, then call Rowett, Pulis, Karanka etc.

There isn't much to be lost by biding our time and seeing if he's up to or will grow into the job. 

Unless you think appointing any of the managers available now guarantees promotion.

And if he wants the job, its not for anyone else to say he's being too ambitious. 

I would have been happy to see Rowett (for example) appointed. I'm happy now.

That will change if we start to look off the pace.

I’ve lost energy to care about this now, I find it very strange that we seemingly struggled to find a decent manager to replace Bruce. But the window is closed now so let’s see how Bullen gets on, but if we start losing then a new manager must be brought in immediately or it will be another wasted season. 

I’m happy enough with the way it’s going, and it’s not too often you hear me say that. I don’t have huge expectations, that the squad is a promotion winning squad, but I’m sure Bullen is capable of achieving a top half finish

• Haha 1

would like no one else to make us successful than Lee Bullen. Let him bring in a couple of coaches to help out and give him a contract. As said before, I would have Glenn Whelan in as coach given he is free and has done his badges. Everyone I have spoken to has always said Whelan is a machine on the training pitch, indeed Bullen himself said that when they were players together here. Whelan has all ingredients to be a top class manager and will keep the training ground standards very high.

then hopefully one other can come in who bullen trusts who can help out on demand. megson ?