Lessons have been learned

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

It all started with the sacking of Jos. Since then Chansiri has done really well. Long may it continue. 

100%, the blokes not put a foot wrong since. Even other little things like the kit and improved social media activity, not perfect but going in the right direction.

29 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

So after all that gushing and fawning the best you can manage is pushing for a for top six place?  

We would be better off splashing the cash and push for a top two place.

If they gel I'm confident we can get in the top six.

I honestly think with pace on both wings we should be pushing for automatic with the current team. 

I especially like the sound of the Jacob Murphy interview. He's come here to play for Bullen because we're going to put teams under pressure with a high press or play on the break if we need too. With pace we'll be dangerous either way. 

I think DC has learned a few things and the nature of the beast so to speak as too many have done well out of him.

We have a wage structure now and you sense the signings are based on stats/method on age, ground covered, tackling stats, contract length etc to narrow down to set shortlist. 

Hopefully we start to turn the corner from here and dare I say it, Bruce’s influence has probably helped in setting this up 

When Chansiri first came to England I think there were a few agents who saw him coming a mile off and took advantage of him.

He’s had to learn the hard way but this transfer window has demonstrated that with the right recruitment structure in place you don’t have to spend silly amounts to be competitive.

I see Chansiri evolving in a similar way to Vincent Tan at Cardiff (all be it Chansiri was quite as controversial as Tan), hopefully it’ll lead us back to the Premier League as it did Cardiff.

38 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Made £4m from our manager and made £4m in player deals (potential to rise to £6m and a sell on), whilst lowering the wage bill, squad age, adding pace and generally improving the team.

Well played Wednesday!

We made more than that from Joao, happy days. 

4 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

This must be one of the best windows we've had since Chansiri bought the club, squad has been given a far better balance, 7 new faces, apart from the cover goalkeeper all good ages with good resale value which has helped bring the average age down, Odubajo, Harris and Murphy have added the pace we've lacked since 2015.

Pleased we haven't just paid the inflated fee for Hector, yes he did well last season and seemed a good fit for us but we managed to bring in Tom Lees and Glenn Loovens for a nominal fee and a free so glad the club have looked at other options and not had tunnel vision. Having just come out of a soft embargo I would have actually been a bit frustrated if we splashed 5M on a player who's had one good season. Bates has good pedigree and having 4 caps already at 22 for Scotland should be well up to the required standard. 

All in all we've spent a million quid on outgoings and brought in 5 million rising to 7 with a 20% sell on clause in the future. With League One and Two windows not closing for a few weeks it'd be good if we can get some more young lads following Kirby out on loan. Good to see us being run like a proper functional football club again, don't see why we can't be in the top 10 pushing top 6 this season.

Well you’ve quite literally covered everything I was thinking. Brilliant post. A really happy window and deadline day. If we keep being run like this one day we’ll get back to the premier league. Thank you DC. One happy wednesdayite off to bed happy on deadline day.

33 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Well you’ve quite literally covered everything I was thinking. Brilliant post. A really happy window and deadline day. If we keep being run like this one day we’ll get back to the premier league. Thank you DC. One happy wednesdayite off to bed happy on deadline day.

Ditto............

Guest gizowl

SB in his short reign has put good things in place, scouting system which already seems to be doing its job well going on the last transfer window, and Strudwick overseeing the fitness and wellbeing of the players, this must be kept in place as its vital to our progress in the future. Regardless of any managerial changes this recruitment and fitness area must be left alone to flourish. 

5 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

This must be one of the best windows we've had since Chansiri bought the club, squad has been given a far better balance, 7 new faces, apart from the cover goalkeeper all good ages with good resale value which has helped bring the average age down, Odubajo, Harris and Murphy have added the pace we've lacked since 2015.

Pleased we haven't just paid the inflated fee for Hector, yes he did well last season and seemed a good fit for us but we managed to bring in Tom Lees and Glenn Loovens for a nominal fee and a free so glad the club have looked at other options and not had tunnel vision. Having just come out of a soft embargo I would have actually been a bit frustrated if we splashed 5M on a player who's had one good season. Bates has good pedigree and having 4 caps already at 22 for Scotland should be well up to the required standard. 

All in all we've spent a million quid on outgoings and brought in 5 million rising to 7 with a 20% sell on clause in the future. With League One and Two windows not closing for a few weeks it'd be good if we can get some more young lads following Kirby out on loan. Good to see us being run like a proper functional football club again, don't see why we can't be in the top 10 pushing top 6 this season.

No it's not we lost our best goals per min and impact player, didn't sign a left back and kept the absolute drivel that got us in this FFP situ. 

We needed a swing of 20m to get us back in the orange and selling Rhodes for say 2-3m plus saving 2m in wages would have got us close. 

Hindsight will say it's been a transfer window where we've lost 'get you off your seat' (occasionally) to OMG why is this ponce playing professional sport

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Loved this window in terms of signings.

Obviously, Lee Bullen would have attended many meetings with Mr Bruce over the summer and been part of the planning phase for pre season and the transfer window.

Bullen's continued the good work Steve Bruce started.

The question is now, can Bully keep them all motivated?

you can bet bullen was pulling his hair out watching us drag ourselves down the field. 

every coach who knew anything about championship football would know that fitness and speed are essentials.

12 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

I’m not so sure we’ve rebalanced the squad completely. We still have right backs playing at left back, an ageing, and injury prone midfield, and not one striker with any pace. Having said that, the way Bullen seems to have got us playing, and with a bit of luck with injuries, I think we’ll do OK

• Haha 1

At last we have gone into the transfer window with a bit of strategy, highlighted by the fact that at the last minute when we couldn't get Hector we had got a back up plan to get another centre half.

Looking at the players who we have signed it looks like we are dumping the pedestrian slow build up play which has crippled us for the last three years.

We need to give the manager time  to find the best system to get the best out of the new dawn. This may mean dropping some crowd favourites who were more suited to the old system.