Lessons have been learned

I don't want to praise fat cabbage head for anything... but I wonder how much influence he had whilst at Wednesday in bringing in any of the signings? Were some targets before he left or is this all down to Chansiri/bullen/advisors?

I guess we may not really ever know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

This must be one of the best windows we've had since Chansiri bought the club, squad has been given a far better balance, 7 new faces, apart from the cover goalkeeper all good ages with good resale value which has helped bring the average age down, Odubajo, Harris and Murphy have added the pace we've lacked since 2015.

Pleased we haven't just paid the inflated fee for Hector, yes he did well last season and seemed a good fit for us but we managed to bring in Tom Lees and Glenn Loovens for a nominal fee and a free so glad the club have looked at other options and not had tunnel vision. Having just come out of a soft embargo I would have actually been a bit frustrated if we splashed 5M on a player who's had one good season. Bates has good pedigree and having 4 caps already at 22 for Scotland should be well up to the required standard. 

All in all we've spent a million quid on outgoings and brought in 5 million rising to 7 with a 20% sell on clause in the future. With League One and Two windows not closing for a few weeks it'd be good if we can get some more young lads following Kirby out on loan. Good to see us being run like a proper functional football club again, don't see why we can't be in the top 10 pushing top 6 this season.

So after all that gushing and fawning the best you can manage is pushing for a for top six place?  

We would be better off splashing the cash and push for a top two place.

If they gel I'm confident we can get in the top six.

Edited by Mycroft

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

So after all that gushing and fawning the best you can manage is pushing for a for top six place?  

We would be better off splashing the cash and push for a top two place.

If they gel I'm confident we can get in the top six.

.................and if we'd splashed the cash and they didn't gel we'd be fcuked ..................again!

• Like 1

Loved this window in terms of signings.

Obviously, Lee Bullen would have attended many meetings with Mr Bruce over the summer and been part of the planning phase for pre season and the transfer window.

Bullen's continued the good work Steve Bruce started.

The question is now, can Bully keep them all motivated?

be interesting how the murphy deal came about ,was it though bullen still having a good relationship with bruce,or was it the 2 guys who are scouting for us who bruce fetched in? .we are taking Newcastle to premier league for poaching bruce but they loan us a very decent player or maybe that's there way of us dropping the case?

14 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

I don't want to praise fat cabbage head for anything... but I wonder how much influence he had whilst at Wednesday in bringing in any of the signings? Were some targets before he left or is this all down to Chansiri/bullen/advisors?

Irrelevant now!

21 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

This must be one of the best windows we've had since Chansiri bought the club, squad has been given a far better balance, 7 new faces, apart from the cover goalkeeper all good ages with good resale value which has helped bring the average age down, Odubajo, Harris and Murphy have added the pace we've lacked since 2015.

Pleased we haven't just paid the inflated fee for Hector, yes he did well last season and seemed a good fit for us but we managed to bring in Tom Lees and Glenn Loovens for a nominal fee and a free so glad the club have looked at other options and not had tunnel vision. Having just come out of a soft embargo I would have actually been a bit frustrated if we splashed 5M on a player who's had one good season. Bates has good pedigree and having 4 caps already at 22 for Scotland should be well up to the required standard. 

All in all we've spent a million quid on outgoings and brought in 5 million rising to 7 with a 20% sell on clause in the future. With League One and Two windows not closing for a few weeks it'd be good if we can get some more young lads following Kirby out on loan. Good to see us being run like a proper functional football club again, don't see why we can't be in the top 10 pushing top 6 this season.

Well said. The biggest positive is our frontline now have players capable of creating chances from crosses. Not just waiting on some brilliance from Bannan.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

We all 'secretly' (shhh) know Bruce is quality at this level and that's why it hurts so much that he would walk out. Fortunately I think he's left us fit and raring to go with apparently some added nous/wisdom/planning in the transfer market.