The Line-up Thread

Westwood

Iorfa              Lees           Borner       Odubajo

Reach              Luongo           Bannan       

Murphy              Fletcher              Harris

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I'm going to go with something a little controversial.

KW

Palmer Lees Bates REACH

Hutch  Bannan

Lee Lee

Lee

Murphy                   Harris

Nuhiu

Disclaimer #1: Yes, I know that Kieran Lee is only actually 2 players and not 3.

Disclaimer #2: #DareToNuhiu

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

“Turn Reach into an undroppable”.

Four managers have played him in 130 out of our last 134 league games. 

I think you can say he has made himself undroppable.

Magnificent player with a freakish level of fitness and consistency. 

His incredible level of fitness has made him ever present you are right. He was almost made undroppable because he was in a team with about 1 other senior player for a significant amount of time under jos. This made him look better than he is I think.

Our choice to stick with him constantly in his first season was part of the reason we didn't go up I think. He's a good player don't get me wrong, I like him and to have him in the squad is fantastic but some games I would like to see other starting over him. 

Just my opinion of course and I respect that the one thing he has over any of our other players in that position is legs and work rate. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Dropping Bannan and Hutchinson after last week...

That wouldn't be "having nuts"....that would be "being nuts"

The quality we have brought in means Hutchinson, Bannan and Lee can't all play together all the time. One or two of them are getting dropped.

And if people remember this is why we didn't get promoted under that first season. Carlos should have picked Lopez in that final instead of Hutchinson and he knows it.

If I remember he also used to play BB on the wing. I think the term at the time was, shoehorning players.

So who gets dropped, well Lee is a box to box player and is quite simply the best at it. An injury fee Lee is the best player on the pitch. Luongo is also a box to box player and likes to get stuck in. That's why I picked them above Bannan and Hutch

Harris keeps that wing position above Nando and Reach with his engine gets the other wing.

Nando has to get on the pitch has he is likely going to score more goals than any other player we have. He's simply has to start, (assuming he's not banned). So let's play him in that position he actually wants to play in. A free role, just behind Fletch.

As I said Bullen will have to have some nuts to be dropping BB and Hutch's, but what's the point of bringing in better players to not play them.

I would have also said to drop Lees if Hector came in. Wasn't to be.

24 minutes ago, Manchester_Owl said:

The quality we have brought in means Hutchinson, Bannan and Lee can't all play together all the time. One or two of them are getting dropped.

And if people remember this is why we didn't get promoted under that first season. Carlos should have picked Lopez in that final instead of Hutchinson and he knows it.

If I remember he also used to play BB on the wing. I think the term at the time was, shoehorning players.

So who gets dropped, well Lee is a box to box player and is quite simply the best at it. An injury fee Lee is the best player on the pitch. Luongo is also a box to box player and likes to get stuck in. That's why I picked them above Bannan and Hutch

Harris keeps that wing position above Nando and Reach with his engine gets the other wing.

Nando has to get on the pitch has he is likely going to score more goals than any other player we have. He's simply has to start, (assuming he's not banned). So let's play him in that position he actually wants to play in. A free role, just behind Fletch.

As I said Bullen will have to have some nuts to be dropping BB and Hutch's, but what's the point of bringing in better players to not play them.

I would have also said to drop Lees if Hector came in. Wasn't to be.

That is for the long reply.

Though it's raised more questions than answers really. 

You're saying that you want to drop two of our best players from last week just because we have new players...

Also adding the skipper to the list of players you'd like ro see dropped (also one of our best performers last week btw)

And at the same time suggesting Forestieri gets to pick his own place in the side in a position of his wanting? 

I'm afraid these choices would lead to quick revolt in the playing ranks!

5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

That is for the long reply.

Though it's raised more questions than answers really. 

You're saying that you want to drop two of our best players from last week just because we have new players...

Also adding the skipper to the list of players you'd like ro see dropped (also one of our best performers last week btw)

And at the same time suggesting Forestieri gets to pick his own place in the side in a position of his wanting? 

I'm afraid these choices would lead to quick revolt in the playing ranks!

Lol, come off it.

Lees handballed it on the line. It should have been a pen and a red card. He got away with it. Hector is the better player, but he's not here. So let's s end that discussion.

My team selection isn't based on the game against Barnsley as Westwood would not be picked. It is based on what I think would make our best 11 using the balance of the squad correctly over time and my knowledge of the players from over the last 4 years.

With regards to Nando, he is likely to score more goal than everyone else. The last 4 years tells me that. Therefore he gets in the side and he gets in the side that has more balance and allows him to roam just behind the striker.

No point in having a million billion midfielders on the pitch if there is no one to stick the ball in the onion bag.

5 minutes ago, Manchester_Owl said:

Lol, come off it.

Lees handballed it on the line. It should have been a pen and a red card. He got away with it. Hector is the better player, but he's not here. So let's s end that discussion.

My team selection isn't based on the game against Barnsley as Westwood would not be picked. It is based on what I think would make our best 11 using the balance of the squad correctly over time and my knowledge of the players from over the last 4 years.

Well it's good to know you're on about generally and not just changing things for the Barnsley game for the sake of it.

Can't say I have seen a lot of the new lads over the last 4 years as I've been watching Wednesday mainly.

With regards to Nando, he is likely to score more goal than everyone else. The last 4 years tells me that. Therefore he gets in the side and he gets in the side that has more balance and allows him to roam just behind the striker.

The last 4 years ...He's been injured and banned for fair spells of them. 

He is an very good player though. 

No point in having a million billion midfielders on the pitch if there is no one to stick the ball in the onion bag.

Like last week?

32 minutes ago, Manchester_Owl said:

Lol, come off it.

FF has started only 22 of our last 106 games. That’s about to worsen to 26/112 due to his ban.

By the time he gets back we must hope that we have a settled and successful approach. Maybe this 433, maybe something else, 

At that point, unless we flop, he will have to fight for a shirt in whatever position he suits in that approach. The days of Carlos fiddling around to try to fit him in are long gone hopefully.

My view is that as one of our wide attackers with Reach, Harris and Murphy we have the best group in the division.

I dearly hope he doesn’t feature as a No 10 or a CF ever again for us. It doesn’t work. 

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

FF has started only 22 of our last 106 games. That’s about to worsen to 26/112 due to his ban.

By the time he gets back we must hope that we have a settled and successful approach. Maybe this 433, maybe something else, 

At that point, unless we flop, he will have to fight for a shirt in whatever position he suits in that approach. The days of Carlos fiddling around to try to fit him in are long gone hopefully.

My view is that as one of our wide attackers with Reach, Harris and Murphy we have the best group in the division.

I dearly hope he doesn’t feature as a No 10 or a CF ever again for us. It doesn’t work. 

Do you have the stats for the last 4/5 season on who has scored the most goals.

Genuine question.

I've just checked the stats since year 1, (Chansiri takeover).

15/6 - Nando (15), Hooper (13).

16/17 - Nando (12), Fletcher (10).

17/18 - Nuihu (14), Hooper (11).

With all the strikers we've had that is actually some grim reading.

In the 17/18 season Nando got (5) and bearly featured.

For me, Nando starts in his favoured position.

We need to score more goals and there is little point in putting the player who has performed better than others in the last 3/4 seasons at scoring goals on the bench.

If he drops form then fair enough, sub him.

I've just checked the stats since year 1, (Chansiri takeover).

15/6 - Nando (15), Hooper (13).

16/17 - Nando (12), Fletcher (10).

17/18 - Nuihu (14), Hooper (11).

With all the strikers we've had that is actually some grim reading.

In the 17/18 season Nando got (5) and bearly featured.

For me, Nando starts in his favoured position.

We need to score more goals and there is little point in putting the player who has performed better than others in the last 3/4 seasons at scoring goals on the bench.

If he drops form then fair enough, sub him.

How many of Nando’s goals were when playing out wide or as part of a front 3?  Genuine question, because my feeling is a lot of the goals he has scored is when he was not playing as a CF. In 15/16 he certainly scored some when both Hooper and Dave were on the pitch with him, in fact sometimes Joao as well.

Just now, Manchester_Owl said:

Do you have the stats for the last 4/5 season on who has scored the most goals.

Genuine question.

15/16 FF 15 incl 2 pens - Hooper’s 13 we’re scored at a faster rate.

16/17 FF 12 incl 2 pens - Fletchers 11 incl 2 pens were scored at a faster rate

17/18 Nuhiu 11 Joao 9 at faster rate

18/19 Fletcher 11 Joao 10 but Joao at faster rate