Unbridled naive optimism

Long time follower first time poster ("hi everyone, my names outrageousowl - dramatic pause - and i am a sheffield wednesday fan") and I feel compelled to share my wild excitement for this season. 

Maybe its because its transfer deadline day or maybe its what ive just smoked, but I'm giddy as a goose for the year ahead. 

Squad are like besties from back in the day, signings (so far) look well thought out, giving us a real dynamism, and we showed class and experience on the opening day. 

We may or may not be good enough to go up this year but we are gonna scare the b'jaysus out of the championship this year.. And i for one cant wait because WE ARE THE MIGHTY SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY!!! 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Outrageousowl said:

Long time follower first time poster ("hi everyone, my names outrageousowl - dramatic pause - and i am a sheffield wednesday fan") and I feel compelled to share my wild excitement for this season. 

Maybe its because its transfer deadline day or maybe its what ive just smoked, but I'm giddy as a goose for the year ahead. 

Squad are like besties from back in the day, signings (so far) look well thought out, giving us a real dynamism, and we showed class and experience on the opening day. 

We may or may not be good enough to go up this year but we are gonna scare the b'jaysus out of the championship this year.. And i for one cant wait because WE ARE THE MIGHTY SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY!!! 

tenor.gif

• Haha 6

I've never posted before either, but just obsessively return to the site every 20-30 minutes (mainly to tut at people's grammar :) ).

I feel the same as you. Something has changed this year, and I am more optimistic than I have been in decades. I even bought my first shirt since '96.

The tide is turning people.

I'll go back to being quiet now and just stalk the message board like a passive Batman.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Outrageousowl said:

Fùcking outrageous.

42 minutes ago, Outrageousowl said:

Do you do a turn ? 

47 minutes ago, Outrageousowl said:

Bloody love a proper first post announcement! Particularly one which is so positive and where the poster seems quite aware of the fact that they may just be mad!

:duntmatter:

Welcome to Owlstalk!