David Bates - SIGNS OFFICIAL

11 minutes ago, cookeh said:

I did not use google but looked at official German football stats and no injury was shown or recorded. By that time scale he should have been fit for start of July and was taking part in pre season. 

26 minutes ago, Quist said:

I did not use google but looked at official German football stats and no injury was shown or recorded. By that time scale he should have been fit for start of July and was taking part in pre season. 

Do you want me to google more for you or do you just want to live in ignorance where you imagine the reality around you forever more?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, cookeh said:

Do you want me to google more for you or do you just want to live in ignorance where you imagine the reality around you forever more?

No I do not use google. Would you like me to point out when all does not seem right with every statement of yours I will try hard to do so.

Got a good feeling about this guy, I predict he’ll be a star for us and take us back to the PL, (promised land). Lees, Bates, Borner and Thorniley are great centre back options, I’d put Iorfa at right back to make us extra tall/strong as a defensive unit. Odubajo can do some sprinting up the wing from left back 

Edited by Southie_Owl

On 08/08/2019 at 22:13, SiJ said:

Dont know if you've heard, but we've had a few issues with FFP recently.

Hence, splashing 5 million on people probably isn't the wisest move, irrespective of how good they are.

I agree 100% with everything you said, and didn't try to make a point against Bates, but regarding shift in our ambition.

We tried to sign one of two expensive CB's that would certainly improve our starting 11, but in the end settled down for a much cheaper option, and in my opinion one that is some way off Lees's and Borner's level of quality right now.

I'm quite sure that whomever seen Hector, McKenna and Bates play would agree that Bates is not as good as former two.

Though, I wish he adapts to Championship quickly and proves himself as a great signing.

20 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

https://shop.hsv.de/adidas-team/trikots-und-co/2340/hsv-adidas-kids-ausweichtrikot-19/20     And you thought our shirts are expensive...kids shirts here

That's standard price in Germany  I went to hansa rostock on the Saturday between games and they charged €70 for shirts and €50 for just a basic tshirt with the badge on the back and their in the 3rd division.  a lot of places on the continent have similar prices I think Genoa was around the €60 last season 

5 million on Hector was just too much. It's probably a fair valuation nowadays but we don't need to be spending that much at Hector's age with the squad as it is atm. I hope we still get him when his contract ends at Chelsea. I sure hector will be up for returning. He could get better wages with free transfer for out of contract. He would be a good value acquisition on a free and has experience and quality to play in Premier if our aspiration come to the fore eventually. I hope chansiri has had a word in his ear saying this. 

Bates at 22 years old is another type and age of player we are right to be investing in. 

Its looking increasingly like our chairman has definitely learnt and with ffp {help??} the recent change in hiring policy is much more aligned to success now and in the future seasons. Importantly on a sustainable basis with or without promotion. 

Let's just hope bates is any good!!!! 

25 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

5 million on Hector was just too much. It's probably a fair valuation nowadays but we don't need to be spending that much at Hector's age with the squad as it is atm. I hope we still get him when his contract ends at Chelsea. I sure hector will be up for returning. He could get better wages with free transfer for out of contract. He would be a good value acquisition on a free and has experience and quality to play in Premier if our aspiration come to the fore eventually. I hope chansiri has had a word in his ear saying this. 

Bates at 22 years old is another type and age of player we are right to be investing in. 

Its looking increasingly like our chairman has definitely learnt and with ffp {help??} the recent change in hiring policy is much more aligned to success now and in the future seasons. Importantly on a sustainable basis with or without promotion. 

Let's just hope bates is any good!!!! 

Hector was lined up to go to Fulham, he was even hanging round their training ground according to reports. The deal was scuppered as Spurs left the Sessignon deal late and Fulham couldn't get the cash sorted out. I believe it's agreed he's going there in January as it stands.

8 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Hector was lined up to go to Fulham, he was even hanging round their training ground according to reports. The deal was scuppered as Spurs left the Sessignon deal late and Fulham couldn't get the cash sorted out. I believe it's agreed he's going there in January as it stands.

Things can change in 4 months. He was clearly linked with Fulham, but nothing's done now, so let's wait and see.

3 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Things can change in 4 months. He was clearly linked with Fulham, but nothing's done now, so let's wait and see.

They can indeed. With a bit of luck we won't need him or anyone else in 4 months time!