Jump to content

David Bates - SIGNS OFFICIAL


Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Would love to get Hector back, but 5 million is excessive imo. 

 

Tbf, we have found a bit of a gem in Borner (time will tell), so bringing in Bates as an understudy/competition (for a smaller fee) might make sense. 

 

When I see some of the figures banded about £5m seems like loose change.
But can see point of not wanting to blow the budget over 1 player.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Hamburg fans don't rate him much from looking. 

You went to the effort of translating one of their forums? 

 

Fair play. 

 

"Ya! Herr Bates ist nicht gut!" 

 

Has been about two decades since I did German at GCSE. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Any of our resident SPL fans able to tell us if he’s any good?

Brought on by Warburton who favoured youth at Rangers but not rated by Caixinha (like that means anything). Decided to leave on a free to Hamburg to mixed reaction from Rangers fans. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

"I was a bit surprised when I saw Bates market value. I think here, the experts in this forum rough next to it because Bates really did not offer much in the last year. He has a stable tackle and an average positional play. In contrast, he has extreme shortcomings: speed, technique, header behavior. He played too many fouls in my eyes. 

Some points could be less critical if you see him as a potential talented person. But somewhere you have to be honest, if just basic footballing skills are missing. That does not mean that he can not be a second-division professional, and maybe he even has potential for more, if he's really fine-tuning his few strengths"

 

 

"Is this wishful thinking or is there more to it?"

 

"

Change today? I do not get my wheelbarrow so fast. The pearl"
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You went to the effort of translating one of their forums? 

 

Fair play. 

 

"Ya! Herr Bates ist nicht gut!" 

 

Has been about two decades since I did German at GCSE. 

 

 

Google mobile auto translates. Im also not happy with what ive found and would much rather us spend that bit extra and get a proven Michael Hector. Its these margins that can be the difference come the end. 

Edited by TheEnchanter
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

On paper yea 22 year old cost less better future resale value .

But we know what we are getting with hector 

If we haven’t had problems I’d be saying sign Hector. But this is the method we now need to take to ensure we don’t end up with embargo’s again. Signing young and cheap and sell high. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, cowl said:

Not even been in the squad for Hamburg's first two league games - is he injured?

 

Yes. He was injured right at the end of last season, and should be just about back training now, but probably not ready fro matches.

 

Haven't seen masses of him since he left Scotland. He's big and quick. A combination that could see him become a real player imo. In Scotland he was a little naive at times, and Rangers fan's are not the most forgiving folk, especially given how superior Celtic have been. Moving to Germany seems to have helped him. He's seemed more consistent and smarter, tho part of that will just be growing up and getting games. Very few center backs are the real deal at 21-22.

 

His international performances were very respectable. Did nothing wrong and is likely to be in future squads as a result. To me, he'd be a good gamble. Significantly cheaper than proven options like Hector or McKenna, but he does have the attributes to be a top player. He just needs the right coaching.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

"I was a bit surprised when I saw Bates market value. I think here, the experts in this forum rough next to it because Bates really did not offer much in the last year. He has a stable tackle and an average positional play. In contrast, he has extreme shortcomings: speed, technique, header behavior. He played too many fouls in my eyes. 

Some points could be less critical if you see him as a potential talented person. But somewhere you have to be honest, if just basic footballing skills are missing. That does not mean that he can not be a second-division professional, and maybe he even has potential for more, if he's really fine-tuning his few strengths"

 

 

"Is this wishful thinking or is there more to it?"

 

"


Change today? I do not get my wheelbarrow so fast. The pearl"

should pay the 5 mill for Hector,we know he is decent,chepies and loans will win nowt

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

If we haven’t had problems I’d be saying sign Hector. But this is the method we now need to take to ensure we don’t end up with embargo’s again. Signing young and cheap and sell high. 

signing young and cheap and sell high,give me an example

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

We have really become a squad of innuendo- Master Bates a Luongo Boner... 

Any other top notch signings we could make?

Massimo, Boner, Bates. Our team sheets are gonna be interesting.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

signing young and cheap and sell high,give me an example

Lucas Joao signed for us at 21 for around a couple million. Moved him on other day for £5m-£7m. Good business

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...