Bury EFL Cup Game Off - Official

For having the audacity to draw bury we will be docked 50 points a season over the next 10 years, FF banned for life and Hillsborough stadium reduced to 350

capacity due to life threatening circumstances leaving the ground over the last 30 years.

Then we'll appoint Pulis as manager

21 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

For having the audacity to draw bury we will be docked 50 points a season over the next 10 years, FF banned for life and Hillsborough stadium reduced to 350

capacity due to life threatening circumstances leaving the ground over the last 30 years.

Then we'll appoint Pulis as manager

I can live with most of that , but Pulis is going too far.

• Haha 2

Bury: Financially-stricken League One side have game against Gillingham suspended
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49330590

Really not looking very hopeful for Bury. Whatever the rights and wrongs of the situation it’s heartbreaking for their supporters. I would be sad to see such an old club disappear. :sad:

11 minutes ago, The Hoppy Hopper said:

Bury: Financially-stricken League One side have game against Gillingham suspended
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49330590

Really not looking very hopeful for Bury. Whatever the rights and wrongs of the situation it’s heartbreaking for their supporters. I would be sad to see such an old club disappear. :sad:

Awful for their supporters but when does enough become enough?

Messing other clubs about too much now 

11 minutes ago, torres said:

Awful for their supporters but when does enough become enough?

Messing other clubs about too much now 

I hope they get given as much time as possible to get this sorted before getting booted out of the league.

This is not a case of a club over spending, they have been run into the ground by criminals. If we were in the same situation I'd also hope for such leniency. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skyline said:

I hope they get given as much time as possible to get this sorted before getting booted out of the league.

This is not a case of a club over spending, they have been run into the ground by criminals. If we were in the same situation I'd also hope for such leniency. 

THIS ^^^^^

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skyline said:

They can't pay their bills  - yes the owners are useless but you can't drag it on and on.

Makes a mockery of the league and in our case the cup.

Give them as long as possible but they should be losing these matches 

10 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

I don't know if anyone has posted this already - I've not read the entire thread - but who do we claim compensation from, for the loss of ticket sales? The sponsors, the F.A. or do we just claim it back against FFP? 

Fernando Forestieri's Pocket? :unsure:  

lol

Bury are waiting to hear if a last-ditch offer to buy the League One club will save them from being expelled from the English Football League.

Owner Steve Dale told BBC Radio Manchester he had agreed a deal with analytics company C&N Sporting Risk, led by Henry Newman and Rory Campbell.

The EFL said it had been notified of an offer being accepted by Dale.

Bury had been given until 23:59 BST on Friday to prove their financial viability.

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Bury are waiting to hear if a last-ditch offer to buy the League One club will save them from being expelled from the English Football League.

Owner Steve Dale told BBC Radio Manchester he had agreed a deal with analytics company C&N Sporting Risk, led by Henry Newman and Rory Campbell.

The EFL said it had been notified of an offer being accepted by Dale.

Bury had been given until 23:59 BST on Friday to prove their financial viability.

They’ve been given an extension to Tuesday now.

3 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Jesus Christ. Can The Guardian stoop any lower?

They’ve managed to link the demise of Bury Football Club to Brexit. Seriously!

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/aug/26/bury-britain-gigg-lane-brexit

I'm no fan of the Guardian, but having  read the article, your above summary of it is complete boll0cks.