Bury EFL Cup Game Off - Official

11 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

9k a week on certain players while in the 4th division in front of less than 3,000 fans. Unbelievable.

No you can't say this!

It's the nasty premier leagues fault that Bury have been run into the ground 

5 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Shame about Bury and the game too, no doubt we’d have taken a fair few to it and helped with their finances. If they get back on track, and the game is rescheduled - Maybe we should offer to host it and get 20k in there at a tenner a pop and give them a nice boost? 

20k to watch Bury not sure we would get that! 

Maybe we could send some Dtaxis to help with their travel costs.

4 hours ago, Philb125 said:

There was me thinking it was an away game. I guess at least they’d get 25% of it then. Seen they’ve sold a young player to Leicester yesterday for 100k so hopefully they can get sorted. If games back on we’d do well to sell out to give them a bit of a hand. 

Surprised OH Leuven didn't come in and snatch him for free. 

• Haha 1

On 08/08/2019 at 13:45, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

But the money would go straight to their owners pocket, who's asset stripping.

It's a no from me.

It wont though, it will go to the creditors owed firstly. I think they're well past the point of asset stripping now. Any money from the first round tie of a league cup game (plus it's only 50%) won't go far in terms of helping them out.

14 hours ago, JimmyMaC said:

Chuck Rhodes in as well.........In all sereiousness youve got utd and city spaffing multi millions each week in wages and transfer fees,and the club next door is 8M in debt and could hit the wall,if this club does fold,football really has no soul or conscience for that matter

City and United don't give two hoots about Bury but then again why should they? It's up to the EFL and PL to sort out better rules and structures that are fair to EVERYONE but this should have been done at the inception of the PL but unfortunately we're way past that now.

5 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Pity this didn't go ahead to give some of our none first XI a run out.

Also, I'll miss the hassle of trying to get into the South stand only, with all the part-timers pssing about with their A4 print at home tickets......................

:duntmatter:

Yeah, who needs bigger support, or increased income anyhow, much overrated.

Some fellow fans are not worthy to share space with Superfans. The club should know about this. And the environmentalists too. We should be saving on paper, saving our trees.

FFS.

• Like 1

I would have thrown a few quid in a Bury bucket collection...or maybe paid an extra fiver to attend and give it to Bury FC...

Its about time we helped each other when we can...unless its Rotherham..I threw a fiver in their bucket..and wish I'd actually p*ssed in it now...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, theowlsman said:

Had the game been played, would you have played Bannan, or if not, what changes would you have made?

Dawson

Iorfa      Bates     Lees      Fox

Reach Luongo Pelupessy FF

Winnall Rhodes

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Had the game been played, would you have played Bannan, or if not, what changes would you have made?

My line up would have been....

Jones

Iorfa    Bates    Van Aken    Fox

Reach      Pelupessy        Luongo  

Nuhui        Rhodes     Forestieri

• Like 1

On 08/08/2019 at 13:41, N0rtherner said:

The wording is odd to me who isn't fluent in football law terms, speaking of suspended but also being off. But does it mean we win this by walk over and proceed to the next round?

No, since the EFL aren't in the habit of giving SWFC freebies (yet)

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Pity this didn't go ahead to give some of our none first XI a run out.

Also, I'll miss the hassle of trying to get into the South stand only, with all the part-timers pssing about with their A4 print at home tickets......................

:duntmatter:

Guilty

• Haha 1

knowing the FA we'll get a email in about a weeks time informing the Club that the match had been rearranged for the thursday and we failed to turn up thus resulting in a huge fine and expulsion from all cup competitions. On and another 6 game ban for FF just because...  

• Haha 1