Bury EFL Cup Game Off - Official

6 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Given the money in that area from United and City surprised they don't chip in to help out. In any event don't United play at Gigg Lane for Reserves, juniors etc?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-evict-bury-fc-16509443

Looks like they have helped them.

Edited by BBob

1 hour ago, Utah Owl said:

Given the money in that area from United and City surprised they don't chip in to help out. In any event don't United play at Gigg Lane for Reserves, juniors etc?

They were already given help from City to use their training ground, didn't pay their rent so got rightly kicked out. Not being funny but why should they help out? If samsung get into financial trouble EE aren't going to jump in and save them are they.

• Like 1

To be fair to City they see a club they have saved £350k in rent now going under for over spending.

If a big club like that helps you out it's just respectful to run yourselves properly. Were Bury just going under whilst doing their very best to be frugal they'd get a lot more help.

How on earth a new chairman doesn't know beforehand the club is in such trouble I don't know.

Owners act like flaps and it’s the fans that lose their club.

The whole model of ownership in this country needs reviewing, because there could be several other clubs going the same way soon. These are community assets that have been there over a century, not play things.

Shame about Bury and the game too, no doubt we’d have taken a fair few to it and helped with their finances. If they get back on track, and the game is rescheduled - Maybe we should offer to host it and get 20k in there at a tenner a pop and give them a nice boost? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Shame about Bury and the game too, no doubt we’d have taken a fair few to it and helped with their finances. If they get back on track, and the game is rescheduled - Maybe we should offer to host it and get 20k in there at a tenner a pop and give them a nice boost? 

Eh?

1 minute ago, TommyCraig said:

It's a home tie already and it's £10 entry.

There was me thinking it was an away game. I guess at least they’d get 25% of it then. Seen they’ve sold a young player to Leicester yesterday for 100k so hopefully they can get sorted. If games back on we’d do well to sell out to give them a bit of a hand. 

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

There was me thinking it was an away game. I guess at least they’d get 25% of it then. Seen they’ve sold a young player to Leicester yesterday for 100k so hopefully they can get sorted. If games back on we’d do well to sell out to give them a bit of a hand. 

I always have great ideas only to find someone else read my mind and pinched it lol. I agree with you about helping them. Could send a couple on loan foc to them for the experience too. Would do wonders for our image and our souls. Don't know if viable, just an idea.

• Thanks 1

Guest Saracen7
15 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Bury could field a team for the cup game..let 'em..in fact..make 'em..Why suspend the game?

That actually affects us doesn't it?...Why should it?

Either let them play it..or give us a bye

A football club is not allowed to play games unless it's 'trading', ie, operational, and Bury is not allowed to 'trade' because they can't prove the financial situation. Doesn't matter that it's a cup tie and no points involved, the rules apply to any match.

Guest Saracen7
9 hours ago, JimmyMaC said:

Its certianly in my lifetime we had single figure crowds every week in the vast chasam that is hillsborough

What matches were there 9 people or less at Hillsborough??