Callum O'Dowda

4 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Just read that Bristol City were asking for £8M for O'Dowda earlier this window which put Fulham off. 

If we are serious about this it must mean a swap deal involving Rhodes surely. They need a striker badly. 

Well Bristol city are desperate, sold a few and lost out on a lot of targets. Let's see if a deal can be done.

3 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

Its the Wednesday way lol

I like O Dowda but this doesn't seem necessary as he wont come cheaply. Unless a swap for Rhodes?

Ill be honest, ive no idea if hes any good. Im. Sure the peices are falling into place. 

9 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Seems we want to plan for 1 up front in general. More wingers means it's likely we'll be 4231 or 433 from here on in. 

I noticed last year Bruce tried to move us to his 4-1-2-2-1formation he uses a lot,with reach and Aaron's either side of fletcher, hutch holding. 

With what we've already signed and what we're looking at, it's either a good fit for the manager we have in mind, or Bullen has decided this is also the way he wants us to play. 

It's a solid defensive formation to hit teams on the counter as it turns into a 

4-1-4-1 when defending and can go to a 

4-3-3 when attacking or throwing the kitchen sink so to speak. 

Works for me. 

O'Dowda on a permanent instead of Murphy on loan would be fantastic business. O'Dowda and Murphy on loan would feel like overkill to me.

At the risk of posting the same bland statement in every thread... we really need a left back. We can get an extra winger by pushing Odubajo further forward. A left back allows that and would be far more important for the balance of the squad than getting another winger in. Wingers are great, but with Reach, FF, Harris, Odubajo... we only really need one more added to the squad. 

O'Dowda is a good player though... him joining us would be brilliant. On balance, I'd rather this as an instead of Murphy loan.

Edited by StudentOwl

29 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Do we need another left winger, when we've already got Harris, Reach and Forestieri?

Yeah we are going to break the mold and play Westwood, Lees, Bannan and Fletch in the middle and then 7 players on the wings. 3 on one wing and 4 on the other. Confuse the hell out of them. :ghoulguy:

26 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Would be worried if this possibility derailed the Murphy probability - you can have too much of a good thing - wingers dont always do well - Will Buckley Callum McManaman Aidan McGeady .... they came here to disappear ... but then, not everyone can be as good as Eric Potts or Terry Curran.

Eric Potts :tango:

30 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Would be worried if this possibility derailed the Murphy probability - you can have too much of a good thing - wingers dont always do well - Will Buckley Callum McManaman Aidan McGeady .... they came here to disappear ... but then, not everyone can be as good as Eric Potts or Terry Curran.

Has the Murphy deal fallen through ???

35 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Do we need another left winger, when we've already got Harris, Reach and Forestieri?

I get the impression that for all intents and purposes the club are a bit over FF.

Not officially, obviously, and of course he'll still have a part to play for us. But I think the days of him being indispensable or even a guaranteed starter might be done, and the trust that he can be out there for us week after week as part of a promotion chasing side just isn't there. Reach, Harris, Murphy and O'Dowda would put us in quite a firm position to sell FF at the next opportunity we get to do so without it being all that detrimental to our season.