Murphy on the way - SKY SPORTS

11 minutes ago, newbster said:

Probably to get us to drop the legal action 

Maybe, but we can't drop the investigation by the Premier League, can we?  It's not ours to drop.  

Following Newcastle United’s announcement on 17 July 2019 of its appointment of former Sheffield Wednesday staff Steve Bruce, Steve Agnew and Stephen Clemence, the Club confirms that it has today reported Newcastle United’s conduct to the Premier League.

As the Premier League will now initiate and carry out investigations into the Club’s allegations, the Club will not be commenting further on this matter whilst such investigations are ongoing.

1 minute ago, Suzuki_San said:

Maybe, but we can't drop the investigation by the Premier League, can we?  It's not ours to drop.  

Following Newcastle United’s announcement on 17 July 2019 of its appointment of former Sheffield Wednesday staff Steve Bruce, Steve Agnew and Stephen Clemence, the Club confirms that it has today reported Newcastle United’s conduct to the Premier League.

As the Premier League will now initiate and carry out investigations into the Club’s allegations, the Club will not be commenting further on this matter whilst such investigations are ongoing.

I guess we could say we are not persueing it anymore.. Less of a headache for the Premier league league they could say the allegations we unfounded therefore closing the case. 

If this happens it would be a good signing, for sure.

I just hope we don't make the mistake we made last Saturday, when we layed all three of our new signings as starters.

Madness.

We should be looking at an u23 sub appearance first half appearance late Sep, building up to 10 mins as sub just before Christmas.

That's how we handle new starters.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

If this happens it would be a good signing, for sure.

I just hope we don't make the mistake we made last Saturday, when we layed all three of our new signings as starters.

Madness.

We should be looking at an u23 sub appearance first half appearance late Sep, building up to 10 mins as sub just before Christmas.

That's how we handle new starters.

No. Let’s do the Callum McManaman thing. Current player (Reach?) plays better - he rots on bench - career goes down pan. 

49 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Surprised but very happy. Good player.

I'm very surprised too, as I didn't read any of this in the other 3 threads about him lol

(that's aimed at the OP, not you)

Edited by ChapSmurf
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

I don't get why they are doing business with us?!  I assumed we'd burnt our bridges.  We can't just stop the FA investigating what we thought was an illegal approach, so Newcastle could still incur a fine for the Bruce shenanigans.  Now they're loaning us players?

Weird!  

Business is business. 

It's an issue that will be sorted out by the governing bodies, it's not personal. It's called being professional

36 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I mean, the fact we've yet to see a highlight video of him shows some wonderful Owlstalk restraint.

Let's fix that.

If players were signed on the strength of highlights videos we'd have sold Nuhiu to Juventus for 100 million by now. 

39 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

I don't get why they are doing business with us?!  I assumed we'd burnt our bridges.  We can't just stop the FA investigating what we thought was an illegal approach, so Newcastle could still incur a fine for the Bruce shenanigans.  Now they're loaning us players?

Weird!  

Maybe bruce thinks it's the best move for JM's development knowing the staff and structure.

It's not just about which club they are helping...

41 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

Weird!  

Because it's business?

I don't think this is indicative that we are signing Rowett because if so we would have got him by now and they aren't going to sign players based on who they're planning to bring in as manager