Deadline Day Fred

5 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Glad to see this thread has devolved into casual racism

In other news, I heard Massimo made a name for himself back in his hometown by boxing kangaroos in the outback. 

It's why he's used to crunching in so many big tackles

(I've typed it, I regret it, but damn it, I'm posting it)

Casual xenophobia is now allowed under Johnsons law.

1 hour ago, Owlinator said:

Unless we have a striker lined up on loan which looks doubtful, we still need Rhodes.

If we're going to play two wingers, one either side of a central striker which looks likely now, there's no place for Rhodes, he needs an oldschool 4-4-2 with someone to play off up top. 

Rhodes can't play as a center forward on his own, so hell be surplus to requirements still. 

1 minute ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Yeah me too....

Who is he?

Wanted us to sign him a couple of years ago.

He's what we've been lacking in midfield ever since Wembley.

Good player at this level, Australian international, former Asian player of the year. Was wanted by Warnock the year they went up. We're lucky to get him, with his value decreasing because of his contract, otherwise we'd have been priced out. Should be a cracking signing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, shezzas left peg said:

If we're going to play two wingers, one either side of a central striker which looks likely now, there's no place for Rhodes, he needs an oldschool 4-4-2 with someone to play off up top. 

Rhodes can't play as a center forward on his own, so hell be surplus to requirements still. 

Or he'll play the subs role like he did at Norwich, when we change system and go 2 up front.

Think we'd prefer him sold though, like you say

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

You won’t find many clubs operating with less than five strikers in their squad We need five, especially with that suspension hanging over Forestieri

We don't need 5 strikers if we are going with 4-3-3.

3 center forwards for the central spot

4 wingers for the wider positions

We currently have 4 out and out strikers plus forestieri. I'd be happy if we let one of Rhodes/Winnall/Nuhiu go and didn't bring anyone in or let 2 go with one coming in.

Definitely need a winger or 2 though if this is the way we are going to play

9 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

I prefer to call it an Australian appreciation thread :ph34r:

I prefer to call it having a bit of a laugh, like I do with my Aussie mates and Relos, although I often forget we're in 2019 where you simply can't do that.

Let's just hope if Luongo goes on to become some kind of cult figure, nobody in the ground ever turns up wearing a Cork Hat - otherwise they'll be carnage. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Junglejay said:

I prefer to call it having a bit of a laugh, like I do with my Aussie mates and Relos, although I often forget we're in 2019 where you simply can't do that.

Let's just hope if Luongo goes on to become some kind of cult figure, nobody in the ground ever turns up wearing a Cork Hat - otherwise they'll be carnage. 

Ahh the days of the Reggie Blinker wigs

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Or he'll play the subs role like he did at Norwich, when we change system and go 2 up front.

Think we'd prefer him sold though, like you say

That's expensive wages to be paying out still for a subs role, playing 15-20 minutes some weeks. 

I'd rather get rid and get a loan kid in. The would make better financial sense. 

Just now, shezzas left peg said:

That's expensive wages to be paying out still for a subs role, playing 15-20 minutes some weeks. 

I'd rather get rid and get a loan kid in. The would make better financial sense. 

Agree, but if nobody wants him, not much we can do. 

2 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Wanted us to sign him a couple of years ago.

He's what we've been lacking in midfield ever since Wembley.

Good player at this level, Australian international, former Asian player of the year. Was wanted by Warnock the year they went up. We're lucky to get him, with his value decreasing because of his contract, otherwise we'd have been priced out. Should be a cracking signing.

Thanks

Apologies for pestering like a toddler.

But its easier than looking on the internet at work , ta

• Like 1

I am loving this deadline day.

Most others in recent times everyone knows we haven't got much in and we're desperate for something and we don't have any money to spend. How could we negotiate?

This one, we already have a few good signings, we have sorted the immediate FFP/P&S issue, we have compo for the Steves, we have money from Joao. We are in a strong position we can turn the screw on other clubs.