Deadline Day Fred

See this being a very busy day for championship clubs  with quite a few still looking to add numbers to their squads.

can see us missing out on a couple of our targets as others are probably in a better financial position than us.

need to move Rhodes on but only if we can get another striker in because Fletch as his injury problems FF is I’m sure going to serve 6 match ban and Wiinnall and Nuhiu won’t get the goals we need to be serious contenders

Happy with business we have done so far

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

So if we bring Aarons and Murphy in, that'll leave us with: FF, Harris, Reach, Aarons, Murphy, Odubajo (somewhat) as wide players. Six for two spots. One too many in other's opinion? 

I dunno if we need both Aarons and Murphy when a left back, another striker to play up top on his own, and maybe even a centre back surely take priority over having three players for each winger position? Or is this because we can't find a suitable left back and we're consigned to Odubajo being a full back for the duration of the season? Is it that we're just getting a bit winger crazy and may regrettably get one too many? Is StudentOwl just wrong to think that's too many wingers, and that's actually the ideal number? Is it because one of FF and Reach are on their way out?

Guess we'll know by 5, be interested to know what others think.  

Think it means we may be getting rid of Winnall and Rhodes and be left with Nuhiu and Fletcher as the main striker and the rest you said including FF fighting over the wide spots. Reach can also play in midfield.

Just now, pazowl55 said:

Think it means we may be getting rid of Winnall and Rhodes and be left with Nuhiu and Fletcher as the main striker and the rest you said including FF fighting over the wide spots. Reach can also play in midfield.

Yep, all suggests we are going to continue with 4 - 3 - 3. Happy with that. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Might see Pelupessy and Van Aken move back to Holland by the end of the month, no rush to get them out today

The arrival of Luongo and maybe Hector pushes both further down the pecking order.

4 minutes ago, Night King said:

I think if Rhodes doesn’t leave and we sign Hector another ‘high profile’ player will be sold to balance the books. Just a hunch 

Well only FF & Bannan would come close to 'high profile', can't see either being sold today!!!

DC 'selling' Hillsborough to himself, Bruce compo & Joao sale, already balanced books. And, personally, got a feeling we wont agree Hector fee!!?. So not the same level of desperation to get money in there has been in the past.

Edited by tommycockles

My predictions:-

IN

Luongo

Centre Half ( Still don't think we can afford Hector?)

Murphy

Aarons

Lazaar

OUT

Rhodes/Winnall (If Winnall goes, I don't think Rowett's coming here anytime soon?)

Van Aken (Not necessarily today)

Pelupessy (As above)

Reach

11 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

IN

Luongo

Murphy

Aarons

Lazaar

OUT

Rhodes/Winnall (If Winnall goes, I don't think Rowett's coming here anytime soon?)

Pelupessy (As above)

Reach

So Rowett who seems desperate for the Wednesday job would turn it down if we got rid of Winnall today.

WTF:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Think your right with Reach, him and Luongo will be the CM players playing if it’s not the three of Lee Hutch Bannan for injury or suspension.

Reach doing this job is why I don’t think Bully signed McEachran I think.

Edited by Dutch McLovin

18 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

IN

Luongo

Murphy

Aarons

Lazaar

OUT

Pelupessy (As above)

Reach

My predictions are similar:

IN

Luongo

Hector

Murphy

Lazaar

Striker

OUT

Rhodes

Winnall 

Pelupessy (As above)

as many under 23s on loan as possible 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

So Rowett who seems desperate for the Wednesday job would turn it down if we got rid of Winnall today.

WTF:

Did I say that? If he was close to getting the job you'd think he'd have an input into what he thinks about the current squad but true to form, some posters always read something into my posts that isn't there for some reason? :rolleyes: 

• Like 1