Deadline Day Fred

Looking like a busy day, with plenty of ins and a couple of outs. 

Think there could be more than three in... :ph34r:

Owls in talks with three players - one travelling for medical

Sheffield Wednesday are trying to sign up to three players with Massimo Luongo, Michael Hector and Jacob Murphy in talks. (Sheffield Star) The latter is travelling to Yorkshire for a medical. (Sky Sports)

So if we bring Aarons and Murphy in, that'll leave us with: FF, Harris, Reach, Aarons, Murphy, Odubajo (somewhat) as wide players. Six for two spots. One too many in other's opinion? 

I dunno if we need both Aarons and Murphy when a left back, another striker to play up top on his own, and maybe even a centre back surely take priority over having three players for each winger position? Or is this because we can't find a suitable left back and we're consigned to Odubajo being a full back for the duration of the season? Is it that we're just getting a bit winger crazy and may regrettably get one too many? Is StudentOwl just wrong to think that's too many wingers, and that's actually the ideal number? Is it because one of FF and Reach are on their way out?

Guess we'll know by 5, be interested to know what others think.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

So if we bring Aarons and Murphy in, that'll leave us with: FF, Harris, Reach, Aarons, Murphy, Odubajo (somewhat) as wide players. Six for two spots. One too many in other's opinion? 

I dunno if we need both Aarons and Murphy when a left back, another striker to play up top on his own, and maybe even a centre back surely take priority over having three players for each winger position? Or is this because we can't find a suitable left back and we're consigned to Odubajo being a full back for the duration of the season? Is it that we're just getting a bit winger crazy and may regrettably get one too many? Is StudentOwl just wrong to think that's too many wingers, and that's actually the ideal number? Is it because one of FF and Reach are on their way out?

Guess we'll know by 5, be interested to know what others think.  

Can't see FF going with the ban and stuff hanging over him, and I hope to god we don't sell Reach, because he is one of the only players who doesn't get injured, and with Joao gone one of the only players who can produce something out of nothing. Hoping he will be used in the middle as well when inevitably, either Hutch or Lee is injured.

Guest Ferkorf
40 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Have you or anyone else got any idea who the random videos are of that keep appearing on twitter?

Its a random football fan I believe who makes comments like my spider senses are tingling....

I'm intrigued to watch more of this person but no idea where they are coming from lol

10 minutes ago, hatcheeks said:

I really hope we get a few more out today. 1 striker, Rhodes or Winnal, and then hopefully Nuhiu, Fox, Van Aken and Pelupessy. Loans or even free transfers. Our squad will be too big otherwise

Might see Pelupessy and Van Aken move back to Holland by the end of the month, no rush to get them out today

Just now, marcx666 said:

Can't see FF going with the ban and stuff hanging over him, and I hope to god we don't sell Reach, because he is one of the only players who doesn't get injured, and with Joao gone one of the only players who can produce something out of nothing. Hoping he will be used in the middle as well when inevitably, either Hutch or Lee is injured.

Agree entirely.

Dya reckon it's like "sub-optimal" to bring in Aarons and Murphy (hypothetically?)... too many wingers, or a smart get?

Guest Ferkorf

For me today hopefully although I love Big Hec back I'd much rather have

A decent left back,

A cm for cover for hutch and lee because no doubt they wont be fit all season (touching wood & cloth),

A winger or 2 wingers...

Im not aware of how good that Murphy is but I'd take Aarons back any day

1 minute ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Lemme think

To Newcastle by any chance?  :mellow:

That'll be on twitter within the hour lol

I'm not one to make stuff up (I'm gonna do some harmless speculating and believe every rumour just for one day as part of my deadline day tradition), but if I were  one to make stuff up, that's exactly the angle I'd go for. :biggrin:

14 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Agree entirely.

Dya reckon it's like "sub-optimal" to bring in Aarons and Murphy (hypothetically?)... too many wingers, or a smart get?

See juries out for me with Aarons, looked decent when he played, but, injury prone throughout his career, BUT, if he stays fit, I'd say get both if they are paying most if not all of the wages. Reach can play in plenty of places, and his best isn't part of a front 3, and with out injury history, having backups is vital