Deadline Day Fred

how do you rate this window? I'm disappointed we missed out on Gayle we hit Bilic's target's though. I am hopeful for the auto's with squad on paper. Time will tell

Just now, Baggiehy said:

how do you rate this window? I'm disappointed we missed out on Gayle we hit Bilic's target's though. I am hopeful for the auto's with squad on paper. Time will tell

Your team look fast as flipper with the options you've got. Bilic is also a top manager. 

I'm fairly happy with our business, we have balanced and trimmed the squad, added pace, reduced the overall age and seem to have a good positive team spirit at the moment. Fancy us to knock on that top 6 potentially. 

Real shame a few more players didn’t leave the club. Would have been nice to shift Winnall (I like him but feel he is at the back of line in striker order) and Van Aken. Also would have been nice to get a few youngsters out on loan. Really happy with the incomings though. Especially Murphy and Luongo. 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Real shame a few more players didn’t leave the club. Would have been nice to shift Winnall (I like him but feel he is at the back of line in striker order) and Van Aken. Also would have been nice to get a few youngsters out on loan. Really happy with the incomings though. Especially Murphy and Luongo. 

True. Bruce reckoned he'd need several transfer windows to really make his mark on the club. Whoever is in charge will also need that to get rid of a few more. 

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Well league 1 & 2 open for a nearly another month, so maybe Winnall to a Sunderland or Pompey type??, plus Dutch one still open so van Aken could still be shipped out home on loan!?

1 hour ago, legendaryswan said:

Looks like Palmer as 1st choice LB for the season then..........

Palmer/Fox/Odubajo/Penney gets us to Jan. The only really weak spot in the squad and it's not that bad at all.

All in all, it looks a lot like Chansiri is becoming a right canny little operator

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Your team look fast as flipper with the options you've got. Bilic is also a top manager. 

I'm fairly happy with our business, we have balanced and trimmed the squad, added pace, reduced the overall age and seem to have a good positive team spirit at the moment. Fancy us to knock on that top 6 potentially. 

That's basically what we did we needed to do drop the age increase the pace. Hopefully we can bin Dowling and get a better DOF and look after the Academy more

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Seems odd reading the articles on the official site announcing the new signings but not having any words from the manager about the players. 

If Bullen got it full time would the fanbase back him?

18 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Personally I don’t want him to get it but I would back him 100% if he did. 

He's been a great servant to the club and I wouldnt want anything to spoil that. But i'd rather take him and back him to the hilt as a proper Wednesdayite (he is really) than most of the "names" we're likely to get.