Scott McKenna Bid

McKenna was wanted by Bruce before he left Villa but they couldn't afford it at the time.

Part of the reason why they went on a dip and he left was because he couldn't get the quality defenders he wanted. I think Chester was injured at the time and he wanted a quality centre back, so they didn't have to rely too much on older players.

Seems like, we're still working with Bruce's shopping list?

Just now, The Night-Owl said:

Absolutely, which offers some degree of safety. Bullen said in a recent interview that whoever comes in can't re-invent the team extensively each time which I agree with. I guess there's a chance we're seeing an amalgamation of Bruce's list and the new man in charge, whoever that may be.........

5 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

Logistics aren't exactly brilliant are they? A deal needs to be agreed, medical and personal terms sorted by 5pm tomorrow and the player is currently in Croatia. 

It's deadline day tomorrow - this drama will be played out 100s of times up and down the country. There's nothing unusual about it.

Granted, the fact he's in Croatia adds some spice, but why should that be a particular concern for McInnes?

McInnes is obviously p*ssed off because it upsets his team's preparations. Fine, but he should be directing his anger at the footballing authorities that arrange football fixtures on a major day in the football calendar. As if we (or any team) are going to let a potential transfer slip through our fingers out of consideration for the player's current team's preparations for a game?!

4 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Absolutely, which offers some degree of safety. Bullen said in a recent interview that whoever comes in can't re-invent the team extensively each time which I agree with. I guess there's a chance we're seeing an amalgamation of Bruce's list and the new man in charge, whoever that may be.........

The new man is already here :ph34r:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

McKenna was wanted by Bruce before he left Villa but they couldn't afford it at the time.

Part of the reason why they went on a dip and he left was because he couldn't get the quality defenders he wanted. I think Chester was injured at the time and he wanted a quality centre back, so they didn't have to rely too much on older players.

One of the 2 recruitment people brought in by Bruce worked with him at Villa so no surprise they're targeting the same players for us.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Bruce’s recruitment team are still here so it makes sense.

18 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

If Chelsea are demanding £5m for Hector and he’s 27. But Aberdeen are asking for £7m for a 22 year old that’s very highly rated, then surely we are better going for McKenna

I’d rather go for the guy who we know already fits in at Wednesday!

And I’m aware of our previous regarding signing starlets from Scottish football; they still haunt me!!

5 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Might we be after both? :ph34r:

Or should I say both were wanted by Bruce and we might be interested in both, if we're still working with Bruce's list of targets?

I'm unsure but that McKenna looks a unit. Good age aswell, for anything around 5m, seems a good buy. Rate of inflation in football, he'll be worth a cool 1.2 billion in 2 year

• Haha 3