Sad state of affairs

32 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Is it proper kit though? Go into one of Barcelona shops in Spain and shirt alone is nearly €100 

No, but the kids in that pic probably don't know and don't care. Some of them are actually better than the ones you would get in the shops.

Example- first one I got was for my lad when he was 5. Full Real Madrid kit with Ronaldo 7 on back, embroidered badge on shirt and shorts. £13. official shirt same size had iron on, printed badges, no name and number. Shirt on its own over £40.

7 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

This is the thing though. Kids of today have his running in to double figures

I have a rule in my house, can have any kit he wants as long as the British kits have an owl on it. Says he wants a City kit as well as a Wednesday one for his birthday though and said he'll get an owl sticker for it :huh:

Buy him an Oldham kit or a 1962 Leeds kit ..

No stickers needed ....

WTF:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dawkeye said:

I don't understand this nonsense about kids picking their own team to support, my dad never gave me any choice and I never realised there was a choice to make until I was about ten and someone at school decided to change clubs. 

20 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I'm blessed then. At Majorca airport about ten years back my lad went to the counter and asked if they had any Wednesday shirts. Brought a tear to my eye.

Haha... well. To give abit more background to the story. She had just started a new school and a boy had said he was a Rotherham supporter. She was scared that this boy wouldn't like her if she didn't say she supported Rotherham too.

So I then went on to say you don't change who you are, what you like, and how you are as a person to try and impress or please anyone else...... and never to say she's a Rotherham fan again otherwise I'll sell her to the circus people.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LSOwls said:

Kids tickets and merchandise should be cheap as chips to try to get the hooked!

This !!!

I don’t agree with Dc’s Pricing but can sort of see why he does it financially... but everything for under 16’s is way to expensive.

The kits merchandise and tickets should be cheaper than a bag of chips. Get them in and there fans for life. You can sort of stomach paying 39 quid for a ticket if you can take your three kids for 12 quid or something like that !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

At risk of getting hammered by the warriors on here...our club marketing and pricing is terrible!!!

kids want new shirts when they come out...clubs have been releasing shirts literally weeks after the end of last season!! All at reasonable prices too. SWFC release it 2 weeks before the season and at £50. Kids have already spent their pocket money on much cheaper shirts and have been wearing to the one man Wembley and heads n volley days in the park for weeks!! 

This 

7 hours ago, kirksandallowl said:

Just as a matter of interest which of the premier league/la liga clubs on show in that picture sell shirts significantly cheaper than ours? (Officially not eBay knock offs)

search the internet mate...you can pick various shirts up for £15-£20!!