Sad state of affairs

8 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Our lad plays for wisewood... really annoys me seeing other kids (usually playing before/ after) in pig kits. 

Ive actually had one of the coaches from an older team, (same club) give my lad grief as he was walking back to my car after training in his owls kit. Hes 7. The coach was a blade. Apparently he had poo on his shirt. 

Im not exacting revenge, because im the bigger man. So weve just gone to snides and generic training kit. 

His two teams are a mixture of fans of teams and never had any grief. Seems there are those who are just far to bitter.

Edited by Maddogbob

14 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

My daughter came home about a year and a half ago and randomly said she supported Rotherham... (she was 6 at the time)... all hell broke loose. So all I can say is, she now knows what is and is not acceptable in my house. She now knows that she is a Wednesday fan and she has no choice but to be put up for adoption if she ever comes out with shíté like that again.

I don't understand this nonsense about kids picking their own team to support, my dad never gave me any choice and I never realised there was a choice to make until I was about ten and someone at school decided to change clubs. 

2 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Bannon is there and the lad bottom left seems to be in an old Owls shirt.

How many did you expect?  We aren't famous any more.  Or maybe Owls kit is just too expensive.

Are Lincoln City famous? Yet so many kids are in their kit. 

I would expect quite a lot to be in Wednesday kits to be fair.

BANNAN is there though

44 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Barca full kit, £12 from.ebay.

Wednesday kit £80.

Hardly an excuse. If ones budget is in the twelve quid range, the club shop are selling playoff final t-shirts for fifteen

• Haha 1

Guest Ash76
41 minutes ago, Morepork said:

That can't be a legit kit surely?

No, they're not. 

You get what you pay for, my lads grows out of his Wednesday kits before they not worth wearing anymore. The snides last a few washes

If we were as big as Barca then we'd all be able to get our kit for £12 off eBay

1 minute ago, bobness said:

Hardly an excuse. If ones budget is in the twelve quid range, the club shop are selling playoff final t-shirts for fifteen

Are we STILL trying to flog those ? lol

40 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Nope, but decent snides. 

Great for training in, for my lad. 

4 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

No, they're not. 

You get what you pay for, my lads grows out of his Wednesday kits before they not worth wearing anymore. The snides last a few washes

If we were as big as Barca then we'd all be able to get our kit for £12 off eBay

1 minute ago, WayneTheOwl said:

Really good quality and not far off the originals. My little lass was buzzing when I gave her 5 new kits for pre season training!

Initially I was just making the point that the price comparison wasn't accurate. As @Ash76 says, if there was demand for our kit there would be a 12 quid version on ebay.

I understand people buying ripoff's when they could easily be coming from the same factory. The problem is the original feels like a ripoff at the price. Imagine for one minute if DC had allocated a million pounds of the cash we've wasted and set out to get every kid under 10 in the region wearing a Wednesday shirt for a nominal fee or even for nothing. That investment is coming back through the turnstiles at some point IMO.  

• Like 1

Guest Ash76
4 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

Kids tickets and merchandise should be cheap as chips to try to get the hooked!

That's like asking a Heroin addict f he wants to try some smack. The kids are already hooked

1 hour ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

At risk of getting hammered by the warriors on here...our club marketing and pricing is terrible!!!

kids want new shirts when they come out...clubs have been releasing shirts literally weeks after the end of last season!! All at reasonable prices too. SWFC release it 2 weeks before the season and at £50. Kids have already spent their pocket money on much cheaper shirts and have been wearing to the one man Wembley and heads n volley days in the park for weeks!! 

Just as a matter of interest which of the premier league/la liga clubs on show in that picture sell shirts significantly cheaper than ours? (Officially not eBay knock offs)

1 hour ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

My daughter came home about a year and a half ago and randomly said she supported Rotherham... (she was 6 at the time)... all hell broke loose. So all I can say is, she now knows what is and is not acceptable in my house. She now knows that she is a Wednesday fan and she has no choice but to be put up for adoption if she ever comes out with shíté like that again.

I'm blessed then. At Majorca airport about ten years back my lad went to the counter and asked if they had any Wednesday shirts. Brought a tear to my eye.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Ash76
14 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Judging by that photo hooked on the wrong "gear" though.....

This is the thing though. Kids of today have his running in to double figures

I have a rule in my house, can have any kit he wants as long as the British kits have an owl on it. Says he wants a City kit as well as a Wednesday one for his birthday though and said he'll get an owl sticker for it :huh:

1 hour ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

vtlJvDk.jpg

• Haha 4