Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

People commenting on his fitness need to remember that for the past 3 years most of our squad has been like a tin of broken biscuits. Recently though we seem to have a (almost) fully for squad with an excellent fitness coach. Maybe we should try Lazaar and Aarons again?

Edited by HillsboroughOwlNI
Autocorrect

Just now, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

People commenting on his fitness need to remember that for the past 3 years most of our squad has been like a ton of broken biscuits. Recently though we seem to have a (almost) fully for squad with an excellent fitness coach. Maybe we should try Lazaar and Aarons again?

And long may that continue.

Part of the process is not signing possible crocks - I do know any player can turn into a crock after a previously good fitness history.     You mitigate this by taking less gambles on players with a dubious fitness history, unless you are really desperate.

11 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Sorry everyone I’m going to go there. If we where having a new manager coming in would we really be looking at people we had on loan last season. Does us being linked with the 2 Newcastle lads show us Bullen wants them? 

But the head of recruitment is still here from when Bruce was. If he picked out Lazaar then, why wouldn't he now?

31 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Not for me, he's is a full on crock would play less than Hutchinson.

Just because he missed some games for us last term, doesn't mean he's a crock.

It happens when you haven't played many intense games and when a manager pushes you too much in a short space of time. Which is what happened last season. 

2 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

Just because he missed some games for us last term, doesn't mean he's a crock.

It happens when you haven't played many intense games and when a manager pushes you too much in a short space of time. Which is what happened last season. 

It's not just us he's missed games at, he's barely played for Newcastle through injury. Plus we hardly pushed him hard last season, he played against Swansea then crocked himself the next game.

Edited by Not Jon Newsome

As we have enough cover I think it could be worth the risk of taking him on loan, he would really help if we're going to be up there this season, looked a class above anything we've got in that position and very comfortable in his few appearances.

Allows us the option to have 5 at the back on occasions too, I know it was awful under Jos but it would be very different with Odubajo and Lazaar as the wingbacks.

Edited by Guest

Does anyone know his injury record apart from when he was with us? I thought he was class and if he's never had serious injury problems before would be worth a gamble on loan. We've got a lot of players who can play left back but none of them are in the same league as Lazaar.

45 minutes ago, Lee A said:

He's the sort of player we've been clearing out of the squad recently.

Players do get injured of course, but our days of signing known crocks like Lazaar have to be over.  Need to look elsewhere

Yrah ,but our medical staff need something to do now Abdi has gone.

• Haha 2