RIP John , remember him well from the 78/79 season , was a decent player at our level, if I'm not mistaken dint we buy him from a club in USA , obviously like many have said he'll be best remembered from the Arsenal marathon cup ties.

"Oh what scenes here. Five minutes to go. And John Lowey. Has hit in the. Sheffield Wednesday. Equaliser".

It was the one game of the five I couldn't get to. Listened to the match on the radio and also taped it. Listened to that tape so many times I can here that particular bit of commentary as if it was five minutes ago. 

RIP John Lowey. You made a little bit of magic that night.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

....and I believe 'scored' a header at the North Bank end. Beat Jennings to the ball, but it was disallowed!

RIP brave fellah!

Exactly my first thoughts , perfect winner disallowed, splitting hairs thought it was the clock end but so what .

Went on to Blackburn and did very well 

Poor fella 

I remember him well,I was also at highbury the night Big John scored a perfectly legitimate winner,only to have it ruled out,beat Jennings fair and square,

Came here from California,brought in by Big Jack,went onto Blackburn where he played with distinction also for 6 years.

RIP Big fella,far too young