David Luiz / Hector

17 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

They have tons infront of him, maybe 5 before you get to Hector. 

Which make you wonder why are they after mega money? 

He must have repayed his initial fee, with loan fees by now. 

its a business, if theres a chance you can hold out 24 hours and get 5 instead of 3 then you do it.

5 minutes ago, Minton said:

£4-5m is not mega money.

Bristol got £20m for Webster, Reading just spent £7m on Joao, £5m is a fairly low price these days I'm afraid.

Aye your correct. Im still stuck in the old days. 350k etc. 

• Haha 1

the transfer window is so unpredictable ,we are after hector,qpr midfielder ,Aarons ,murphy maybe others, its quite possible none might come , at min we are very weak in centre mid, and up front worries me apart from fletcher (who cant play 3 games a week) we aint good enough ,we could in a few weeks be having nuhiu as 1st choice striker ,we need a striker with pace and power but those cost huge amounts ,I thought the joao fee was quite low and only a small amount of it is upfront according to dom howson . 

38 minutes ago, Minton said:

£4-5m is not mega money.

Bristol got £20m for Webster, Reading just spent £7m on Joao, £5m is a fairly low price these days I'm afraid.

Yet it’s still been decided that asking Norwich for around this amount is lunacy. If we have to give our players away for nothing why shouldn’t Chelsea?

6 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Yet it’s still been decided that asking Norwich for around this amount is lunacy. If we have to give our players away for nothing why shouldn’t Chelsea?

The only people who have said it's lunacy are some posters on here and Norwich who are trying to get a cheaper deal. 

51 minutes ago, Minton said:

£4-5m is not mega money.

Too much for us to pay for a CB when we are crying out for a LB CM and DM. Hector was good from xmas last season but premier league he isnt.

1 minute ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Too much for us to pay for a CB when we are crying out for a LB CM and DM. Hector was good from xmas last season but premier league he isnt.

I agree, I would rather we spend on a LB and a pacey striker, from the sound of it Luongo is quite close to being done and he can cover both DM and CM

1 hour ago, Spookone said:

Hector has had one good half a season, as long as he can maintain that standard he’d be a good signing at the right price.

He is nowhere near being a premiership player.

I sense that the love affair with MH is definitely over....

Edited by hangonrose