Rolando Aarons

2 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

So it seems people are saying he's injury prone because he missed a few last season, his career on the whole would suggest not though. 

Calling a player who had a couple of games out injured "injury prone" is the new owlstalk "Could he do a job for us" or "Gerrim out on loan"

• Haha 1

Assuming we've got finite financial resources, we shouldn't spend money on a position that's lower priority than left back and (purely co lecture I know but still) if Rhodes goes, a striker.

If we want a player to give us some extra pace on the flanks we've got Odubajo, who played on both flanks for Brentford last season and has looked a bit shaky defensively for the last two games. Sign a left back that allows Palmer to go to RB and it gives us the option to unleash Moses further up the pitch.

I get the immediate appeal of getting someone who was decent (when fit), but instead of taking a small punt on a winger (that simply through the number of wingers we'd have would consign Odubajo to not playing in that advanced role except in extreme circumstances) that may or may not stay fit, let's get a left back in with a track record of match fitness and maximise the utility we've already got in the squad.

Purely my two cents.

He's been getting injured ever since he started and in 5 seasons has only played 22 games for the Geordies and another 30 on loan. I'm done with players who spend most of their time on the treatment table so sorry but it's a no from me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolando_Aarons