Rolando Aarons

2 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

If it's a choice of Aarons on a permanent basis or Murphy on loan I'd take Aarons, only 23 good re sale value.

Opposite for me. Why risk signing a player to a 2/3 year contract that is prone to injury. To much of a risk. At least with loan players you can send them back. Also Murphy imo is a much better player. 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Opposite for me. Why risk signing a player to a 2/3 year contract that is prone to injury. To much of a risk. At least with loan players you can send them back. Also Murphy imo is a much better player. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but do people base him being injury prone off of the 6 week spell he had out with us last season? Has he had any other injuries?

5 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but do people base him being injury prone off of the 6 week spell he had out with us last season? Has he had any other injuries?

He only made 9 apps for us and the rest of the time was injured. The lad is 23 years old and has played 54 first team games (according to wiki) not sure if that shows he was injured or just not deemed good enough. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

21 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

He only made 9 apps for us and the rest of the time was injured. The lad is 23 years old and has played 54 first team games (according to wiki) not sure if that shows he was injured or just not deemed good enough. 

So it seems people are saying he's injury prone because he missed a few last season, his career on the whole would suggest not though. 

2 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

So it seems people are saying he's injury prone because he missed a few last season, his career on the whole would suggest not though. 

Even better then, let's get him!!

3 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Yes the naysayers have already wrote off his career . 

When Aarons and Lazaar arrived they both came with reputations which included being difficult and sick note problems.

Lazaar was it when arrived made wonderful impression and was then injured he came back in last couple of games of season but was not at original speed.

When Aaarons arrived he was not fully fit and he improved each game and was starting to look good when got injured and we never saw again. 

This unfortunately some up the entire careers of these two individuals who have shown promise  and then get injured or have fall out and never play.

Both are a risk and if you have a choice of a player who has good fitness record or one that does not you go for one with good fitness record.

I would go for Murphy he is a proven match winner at this level and has done it regularly.

2 hours ago, CadTheOwl said:

We only liked him because he was the only player pacey. He wouldn't be the only pacey outlet now and I think we would soon find, he isn't that good at all. He's very very average so would rather stay away at this moment in time and try and look elsewhere, especially as he hasn't got a great fitness record.

Spot on. Compare him to the impact Kadeem Harris has had. Different levels.

2 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Think he was coming back from a long term injury hence them sending him out on loan to get fitness. Then got a knock with us, happens a lot after long  injuries as we are proof. Thought it was an ACL or something like that but happy to be corrected