Conor Kirby on loan

9 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

We need to get more deals like this done. 

I'm sure the lack of first team games or season long loans has been one of our achillies heels as far as developing our own talents from junior levels. 

Thornilly came on leaps and bounds out on loan at Accrington, same with clare before his ego took over. 

Yet the likes of stobbs & wildsmith have gone backwards due to a lack of real competitive games. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

4 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

We need to get more deals like this done. 

I'm sure the lack of first team games or season long loans has been one of our achillies heels as far as developing our own talents from junior levels. 

Thornilly came on leaps and bounds out on loan at Accrington, same with clare before his ego took over. 

Yet the likes of stobbs & wildsmith have gone backwards due to a lack of real competitive games. 

I’m not sure Stobbs has ever looked promising. He has always seemed painfully average, and has lacked those flashes of brilliance that young players should have (ie. Thorniley, Penney, Dawson, Clare)

5 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

I’m not sure Stobbs has ever looked promising. He has always seemed painfully average, and has lacked those flashes of brilliance that young players should have (ie. Thorniley, Penney, Dawson, Clare)

I don't get to see the junior games as I'm at work normally, was just remembering stobbs & O'Grady being the ones that were really highly rated when mandrich was in charge, before DC took over. 

Both seem to have just disappeared off the radar now. Though didn't stobbs miss nearly a year with a knee injury?? 

Just now, shezzas left peg said:

I don't get to see the junior games as I'm at work normally, was just remembering stobbs & O'Grady being the ones that were really highly rated when mandrich was in charge, before DC took over. 

Both seem to have just disappeared off the radar now. Though didn't stobbs miss nearly a year with a knee injury?? 

I think Stobbs was one of our best talents und MM, but following the restructure of the youth system when Chansiri came in, our youth players graduating from the academy have been getting better and better. Suddenly, now Stobbs and O’Grady seem way off the level of our other academy players.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Tony Pulis said:

I think Stobbs was one of our best talents und MM, but following the restructure of the youth system when Chansiri came in, our youth players graduating from the academy have been getting better and better. Suddenly, now Stobbs and O’Grady seem way off the level of our other academy players.

Completely off topic, but can you change your username?

Every time you post, I think we've appointed Tony Pulis and my heart misses a beat!

• Haha 1

Just now, Tony Pulis said:

Both Stobbs and O’Grady should have been released years ago imo. Neither will have any chance of making our team (unless we slip into non-league) and now they are just sat there collecting dust like old books on a shelf.

Just now, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Completely off topic, but can you change your username?

Every time you post, I think we've appointed Tony Pulis and my heart misses a beat!

Right, of course I’ll change it to Steve McLaren. That should be a lot better for your heart

• Haha 3

If he plays regulary for hem I expect him to improve significantly. He plays game at a tempo and has lots of energy and they are key in todays football. If he can bolt on know how to this will do well.

3 minutes ago, mark.flem said:

Thought it said Mansfield at first

Didn't Mansfield  loan penney for a season and never played the lad?? 

We need to get as many of the promising lads out on loan, but we also need to make sure they go somewhere where therlyre going to get lots of game time.