North Stand/SYP

Guest Ash76

2 minutes ago, chrisf said:

So it's for one game and the club will sort the turnstiles for the remainder of the season?

I don't know that's all that was said. I am assuming, therefore could be entirely wrong, that it is a temporary issue and not connected with it being the Barnsley game.

The fact the club is silent on this suggests to me that it's a SAG/SYP thing - the club rarely discuss or release information about decision SYP/SAG have made. They simply don't allow the tickets to go on sale. 

So what have SYP/SAG thought of now that hasn't been identified as a major risk over the last 50+ years of the North Stand's existence? Although i do appreciate that safety is important, but most of the time in Sheffield it's OTT with overzealous policing. 

1 hour ago, The only way is S6 said:

My son’s a member & bought a ticket for cantilever this week.

When did sales stop?

Surely coppers don’t expect everyone to exit via Penistone Rd?

They’ll create another problem on Penistone Rd if they do.

Imagine the chaos. 8,000 from the North, all the Kop say another 8,000 and half the South say 4,000.

So 20,000 people exiting at the same time onto a major thoroughfare.

Far simpler just to hold the 2000 away fans back for 10 minutes and allow clear access into Leppings Lane.

1 hour ago, mark1948 said:

I don't know that's all that was said. I am assuming, therefore could be entirely wrong, that it is a temporary issue and not connected with it being the Barnsley game.

It's about road works on Leppings lane which should have been completed by Friday...so it is only temporary. Not the clubs fault this time just about supporters safety

2 hours ago, Ash76 said:

A mate of mine told me yesterday we’re not selling tickets on the North for Saturday. I assumed he must have got it wrong as I’d seen nothing about it selling out. 

I then heard from someone else it was true and for H&S reasons. Still doubted it as there’d been no communication from the club but when I went to check online ticket office was down.

Anyway, just listening to last nights FH and it was mentioned again and followed up by a text confirming it’s because of an issue exiting at the LL end.

Is this the new approach SYP promised us then after their review of policing football matches? They’ve already moved the kick off time for Rotherham vs Doncaster so I’m surprised we’ve not had the same treatment.

Can anyone add concrete any information on this? 

Disappointing if true and the club have chosen not to communicate it

:duntmatter:

Well who would have thought that.  We’re usually so on the ball with fan communication.

3 hours ago, owls maniac said:

I'm confused. So is this just for the Barnsley game and keeping fans segregated?

FFS i've been going to Hillsborough for 20 years and could count on one hand amount of times there has been trouble outside the ground. 

I'd need at least 10 hands will have to lend some off the Barnsley fans. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mycroft said:

I'd need at least 10 hands will have to lend some off the Barnsley fans. 

Must be a south stander Waldorf and Stadler style. Rather dirty protest with trumps , scat or self urination than battle with away fans. Now if it was over a broken thermos flask the gloves would be off....WTF:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, owls maniac said:

I'm confused. So is this just for the Barnsley game and keeping fans segregated?

FFS i've been going to Hillsborough for 20 years and could count on one hand amount of times there has been trouble outside the ground. 

Counting on one hand is quite a lot for a Barnsley game though. 

10 hours ago, alanharper said:

They've been moving this fixture to lunchtime recently, so having forgot to do so this time SYP have to be seen to be meddling taking action in some way.

Have they? Last Home fixture vs Barnsley to be moved to lunchtime?

Usually move the away match to lunchtime but in recent years home match has been 3pm

1 hour ago, Owl999 said:

The evacuation time of a full north stand doesn’t meet the required standard, this would be remedied by a staircase being built  at the rear of the centre of the stand .

Where is there a required evacuation time? Surely we are faster than say a full Alex Ferguson stand at Old Trafford? 

Just sounds like more bullshit to net off seats. 

9 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Plus the fact it’s actually quicker to walk down LL.

As if it’s gonna kick off with a few Tarn fans.

3pm kick off, local derby. There will be bother on Saturday. 

1 hour ago, Owl999 said:

The evacuation time of a full north stand doesn’t meet the required standard, this would be remedied by a staircase being built  at the rear of the centre of the stand .

Evacuation out of the ground entirely or onto the pitch?