North Stand/SYP

Guest Ash76

Guest Ash76

A mate of mine told me yesterday we’re not selling tickets on the North for Saturday. I assumed he must have got it wrong as I’d seen nothing about it selling out. 

I then heard from someone else it was true and for H&S reasons. Still doubted it as there’d been no communication from the club but when I went to check online ticket office was down.

Anyway, just listening to last nights FH and it was mentioned again and followed up by a text confirming it’s because of an issue exiting at the LL end.

Is this the new approach SYP promised us then after their review of policing football matches? They’ve already moved the kick off time for Rotherham vs Doncaster so I’m surprised we’ve not had the same treatment.

Can anyone add concrete any information on this? 

Disappointing if true and the club have chosen not to communicate it

Absolute farce. The North is 80% full with season ticket holders nowadays and I imagine would have been getting closer to capacity anyway before they took the tickets offline. 

Barnsley also only have the initial 2000 allocation and haven't been sent the rest of the upper tier allocation. It's baffling.

Edited by Castleford Owl

Its getting ridiculous. 

Sag are assessing football acrosd the country and cutting away allocations massively as well. Its absolutely sucks. 

Won't be long until we are sat down in silence, wearing seatbelts in orange jump suits with our season ticket ID numbers emblazoned on the chest. 

So over the top compared to when you watch real football abroad in places like Germany and italy. The fans prevail. The atmospheres are way better and you can enjoy a bloody pint at your seat. 

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

Its getting ridiculous. 

Sag are assessing football acrosd the country and cutting away allocations massively as well. Its absolutely sucks. 

Won't be long until we are sat down in silence, wearing seatbelts in orange jump suits with our season ticket ID numbers emblazoned on the chest. 

So over the top compared to when you watch real football abroad in places like Germany and italy. The fans prevail. The atmospheres are way better and you can enjoy a bloody pint at your seat. 

Got two for south monday online , presumed north had sold out ...wrong !

Me and my lad have ST on the North and for occasional games I get my dad a ticket too, so he can sit with us. So this is now not allowed? So they've lost revenue as he won't bother sitting on his own on the Kop. I won't be able to go with my dad who I have been going to S6 since the 1980s and his grandson won't be able to go with both his dad and grandad anymore. If anyone at the club is reading this, this should have been communicated when people were buying STs.

Edited by chrisf

4 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Its getting ridiculous. 

And it doesn't cost £39 walk up price.

Guest Ash76
3 minutes ago, chrisf said:

And it doesn't cost £39 walk up price.

This thread isn’t about ticket prices mate 

Just now, mark1948 said:

This was on Football heaven last night. Apparently it is because of issues with the turnstiles for the North Stand.

So it's for one game and the club will sort the turnstiles for the remainder of the season?

Guest Ash76
Just now, chrisf said:

Just adding some spice to the post about European football.

I created the thread mate, it therefore doesn’t need spicing up.

:duntmatter: