Massimo Luongo & Jacob Murphy

Guest Ash76

Be pleasantly surprised if we got Murphy.

Luongio would be a superb addition, strong in the tackle and can play too

Just now, prowl said:

Doubt it. The only favour he will do is for himself. Maybe he just wants rid to save a few £ and if letting us have a player saves all his dirty washing being made public then he wins all round.

I'm all for believing the best of people but once they prove to be a snake you have to expect them to be a snake in future.

Agree

Wouldn't trust Bruce as far as i could throw him which given the size of the fat b@stard isn't very far...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ash76 said:

Be pleasantly surprised if we got Murphy.

Luongio would be a superb addition, strong in the tackle and can play too

The benefits of freeing up a squad space and some cash from the Joao sale would reaply be seen if we managed to bring these 2 guys in. Or similar standard players. Exciting really. Fingers crossed we can do some smart business! 

33 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Agree with that which is why i'm concerned about paying millions we haven't got for Hector.

Agreed. With only 12 months left on his deal, we'd be crazy to pay anywhere near the £5m thats being reported for him when it's not an area we are short in compared with others.

Desperately need to upgrade Left Back for me, as well as another pacy winger.

7 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

he's nothing like Hutch mate, he's an attacking midfielder 

Averaged 3.1 tackles per game last season... to put that into context, QPR's next highest tackle-per-game player was defensive midfielder/centre back Geoff Cameron with 2.3 tackles per game.

Not bad for an attacking midfielder...

Just now, mark.flem said:

Agreed. With only 12 months left on his deal, we'd be crazy to pay anywhere near the £5m thats being reported for him when it's not an area we are short in compared with others.

Desperately need to upgrade Left Back for me, as well as another pacy winger.

Wholeheartedly agree. Disappointed that whenever asked Bullen hasn't highlighted left back as being a position we need to strengthen.

If we make these signings and like people keep saying maybe a pacey striker on loan....... Minus losing SB I think it's been a great summer in what could have been a very testing financial crisis for us. Sold well/got rid of a few and brought in wisely. Think DC has learned one or two things after his first couple of seasons. Maybe restrictions have led to this? 

Maybe bring in an experienced DOF and have Bullen as (care taker) first team coach. No need to make him permanent but also no rush to get a new manager in. I think Bullen is competent and we can hold out to get the right man in. If Bullen continues to do a great job then consider giving him the role on perm but let's just see how it pans out first. 

Edited by English Man
  • Thanks 1

Just now, StudentOwl said:

Averaged 3.1 tackles per game last season... to put that into context, QPR's next highest tackle-per-game player was defensive midfielder/centre back Geoff Cameron with 2.3 tackles per game.

I think they played him a bit deeper didn’t they?

Just now, Bluesteel said:

I think they played him a bit deeper didn’t they?

They did, but that's still not stopping some people spouting off that he's an attacking midfielder because they saw a total of 10 minutes of highlights from when he was at Swindon and scoring regular and they think he hasn't changed playstyle in the last 3/4 years. He's by no means a "defensive" midfielder, but he's not going to be an "attacking" midfielder like your Lewis McGugans or your Lewis Bakers or even your Josh Onomahs. 

13 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

he's nothing like Hutch mate, he's an attacking midfielder 

Never heard him playing attacking midfielder. Always seen him as a deep lying playmaker type. Sitting just in front of the back 4. That’s where he’s been playing for QPR anyway.

Good news though 

3 minutes ago, cowl said:

Wholeheartedly agree. Disappointed that whenever asked Bullen hasn't highlighted left back as being a position we need to strengthen.

Yes worried me too. I know we have 2 or 3 players who can play there but nobody of sufficient quality to be a first choice. For that reason, its our weakest position. 

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

They did, but that's still not stopping some people spouting off that he's an attacking midfielder because they saw a total of 10 minutes of highlights from when he was at Swindon and scoring regular and they think he hasn't changed playstyle in the last 3/4 years. He's by no means a "defensive" midfielder, but he's not going to be an "attacking" midfielder like your Lewis McGugans or your Lewis Bakers or even your Josh Onomahs. 

He adds the energy we need, but perhaps not the physical presence/height we miss in the middle.

Murphy on loan and Luongo in for a decent fee that would do for me, both good players who will improve the first team and strengthen the squad if we can get Hector in also for a decent fee. 

Maybe look for a better option at left back and look to get one or two out of the club either on transfer or loans such as JVA, Fox and a few of the kids such as Baker it would be a very good end to the transfer window.

If I was being extra entitled I would look to move on Winnall and maybe loan in a striker with pace such as a Naki Well or a young premiership loan with pace.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

exactly! need to get him signed up ASAP!