Massimo Luongo & Jacob Murphy

2 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Heard of Mike before from somewhere. Not a Sun reader, has he done some work with Sky or talksport too? Sounds a legit name. Hopefully those potential signings are true too. Murphy and Harris would be dynamic pacy attacking wing options and Luongo would give us some much needed bite and competition for the midfield 3.

Agree, I can also see Reach dropping into the midfield 3 on occasions, particularly if we want to accommodate Murphy and Harris. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, striker said:

I see your point, but I think Hector is the exception. If the fee ends up being the £3.5 - 4m reported rather than £5m I think it's still a good deal. 

Not if it means we still end up in an umbongo next year?

1 minute ago, sweetsheri said:

Not if it means we still end up in an umbongo next year?

I don't think that will be the case at all.

As we stand we're 3 first team players down on last year, no other significant business in terns of paying fees and £9m in from the Steve's and Joao to add into the FFP mix. Plus Rhodes £4m a year liability likely to be removed from the budget this window.

Just now, striker said:

I don't think that will be the case at all.

As we stand we're 3 first team players down on last year, no other significant business in terns of paying fees and £9m in from the Steve's and Joao to add into the FFP mix. Plus Rhodes £4m a year liability likely to be removed from the budget this window.

Hopefully

I just don't feel comfortable spending £5m on a defender when we are skint/FFP tied

27 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

News piece released 22 hours ago confirming he's leaving QPR on a free... but to a "mystery Championship club".

I guess that's us then lol 

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/luongo-seals-mystery-deal-to-beat-transfer-deadline

That story doesn't say free!!!, it says 'undisclosed fee' as well as 'With just a year to run on his contract, the sale of Luongo - signed as part of a $7 million package deal from Swindon in 2015 - isn’t expected to net QPR anything more than $6 million'. Can't see why they'd ship him out for nothing?, makes no sense

Just now, sweetsheri said:

Hopefully

I just don't feel comfortable spending £5m on a defender when we are skint/FFP tied

Agree, but don't forget the stadium sale too. I genuinly believe we have room to spend if we choose to, but for once being smart and frugal with our recruitmrmt. Don't have a problem with this at all. 

Also, unlikely to be £5m. Reports we're negotiating at a level around £3.5-4m. 

17 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

Murphy could be part of some kind of deal with Newcastle?

Maybe Bruce wants to do Bullen a favour?

Doubt it. The only favour he will do is for himself. Maybe he just wants rid to save a few £ and if letting us have a player saves all his dirty washing being made public then he wins all round.

I'm all for believing the best of people but once they prove to be a snake you have to expect them to be a snake in future.