11 minutes ago, JimmyMaC said:

The mess Carlos left behind is only just begining to unfold,the extent to which chansiri went blinfold is staggering

We get it already FFS :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 1993swfc said:

Won’t be £5m. Howson is saying that’s what Wednesday have been quoted all summer. Chelsea will lower that now with a couple days of the market as he’s out of contract next summer. 

I noticed last week they sold Kasey Palmer to Bristol for around £3.5m. Absolute steal for a 22 year old lad. So don’t think we will be paying too much over that for a 27 year old. 

Hope it's not £5m. That's big money for us and great as Hector is, there'll be no resale value. Just look at the Rhodes and Abdi scenarios. That £5m needs spending on an asset.

Look at Spurs, potentially selling Eriksen at 27 years old, to buy Fernandes for the same money, aged 23. We should have a young player lined up that can make us money, as Joao has done.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, vulture_squadron said:

Hope it's not £5m. That's big money for us and great as Hector is, there'll be no resale value. Just look at the Rhodes and Abdi scenarios. That £5m needs spending on an asset.

Look at Spurs, potentially selling Eriksen at 27 years old, to buy Fernandes for the same money, aged 23. We should have a young player lined up that can make us money, as Joao has done.

I agree, I still think we should try and loan for the season (even if this involves a fee). Our money would be better spent on other areas. We have Lees, Borner, Van Aken, Thorniley, Fox and Iorfa who can play that position.

Why would they loan him though if his contract is expiring and other clubs are sniffing 

2 hours ago, vulture_squadron said:

How do we know there will be no resale value? £5m is lots for us but nothing for most clubs, Hector was immense last year and could probably do a job if we got promoted. I could easily see someone bigger than us taking him off our hands in a couple of years when he’s had a more consistent run.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Jamie_W said:

How do we know there will be no resale value? £5m is lots for us but nothing for most clubs, Hector was immense last year and could probably do a job if we got promoted. I could easily see someone bigger than us taking him off our hands in a couple of years when he’s had a more consistent run.

Exactly. I don’t understand that either.

If he plays 40 games in a successful Wednesday, scoring 5 or 6 along the way, surely he becomes a £10m player.

I’d love to see us having Hec, Lees and Borner available to us. That’s a key area of the pitch sorted, and how.

• Agree 4

20 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Exactly. I don’t understand that either.

If he plays 40 games in a successful Wednesday, scoring 5 or 6 along the way, surely he becomes a £10m player.

I’d love to see us having Hec, Lees and Borner available to us. That’s a key area of the pitch sorted, and how.

Agree with this entirely, most top clubs have 3/4 top CB’s on their books. Championship is a gruelling league and Hector can play left or right as well as in a three or in midfield at a push. Plenty of game time to share around. 

It does mean that those that were previously in reserve need shifting though, either on loan or in a permanent deals. JvA & Thornely should go out as Big Dom can play RB as well. That leaves us with Dom, Lees, Hector and Borner - best we’ve had in years at CB. 

• Agree 2

There probably won’t be much resale value with Hector, but he is a rock, and the type of player we need to shore things up at the back. It’s probably the main area, where it is better to have an experienced player

5 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Thought he died about 10 years ago!

Funnily enough, they’ve also signed Pele, on loan from Monaco

Really hope so

Would be a great signing. Lovely footballer. If we can loan out Van aken to maybe a USA team or back to Holland we should do. We 

7 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Reading, who like us have just come out of a soft embargo, are certainly splashing the cash.  £7m for Joao, and now they’ve agreed to sign him a strike partner, Puskas from Inter, for £8m Perhaps we shouldn’t be worrying too much about spending £3m  on Hector

Maybe we should make sensible decisions based on our own accounts not Reading’s.

• Haha 2

He’s only 27. Somewhere between 3&5 million will be very good value. There’s definitely some re-sale value too. Just look at how much Webster & Flint have gone for this summer. One very good season and if we’re near the top 10 he’ll be worth double next summer. 

6 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Maybe we should make sensible decisions based on our own accounts not Reading’s.

Yes, hopefully we will in the future

anyone got a link to the dailymail article ? haven't seen one 

• Haha 2

I hope we sign him but not for £5m

We could really do with strengthening a few areas not just CD where we are already well covered

Still think we need another winger. Eze at QPR would be a good option and if Rhodes leaves then maybe Wells from Burnley

3 hours ago, vulture_squadron said:

Ideally but that is easier said than done. Most important thing for us is to get promoted and hector gives us a better chance of this. If we are to reinvest in an asset we could easily sign another van aken. 

Eze would be well out of our price range.