Michael Hector.

13 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Fulham are financially ffcucked!
£120M for bottom 3 finish plus 3 years of failure payments to come with a £25M fee received for Sessignon.
FFP excuse for an incoming transfer not taking place is unprecedented & if true Fulham are in absolute financial meltdown!
Fulham played a brinkmanship, last minute game by putting in a bid for Hec of £5M & Chelsea got greedy.
DC rightly told them to ffcuk off & Fulham then tried to negotiate down, Chelsea told them to FRO & Fulham bottled it.

Hec doesn’t even have a squad number at Chelsea & is currently training with the kids. His only hope of kicking a ball before January is a loan to the Continent, Scotland or Leagues 1/2, and he’s only got less than 2 weeks to do it.

He may or may not be coming here in January but one place he definitely won’t be going is Fulham!
In summary Fulham have royally ffucked Hector, Wednesday & Chelsea in that order!

It does seem very strange. 

Having been a Premier League club for the past year are the EFL privy to Fulham's latest financial position? 

It all seems like a convenient excuse for Fulham. The Sessegnon transfer went through at 3.30pm. If they were serious about Hector that gave them an hour and a half before the window shut to conclude the transfer, should have been ample time if everything was agreed and it was just the money that needed to be sanctioned by the EFL.

28 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Fulham are financially ffcucked!
£120M for bottom 3 finish plus 3 years of failure payments to come with a £25M fee received for Sessignon.
FFP excuse for an incoming transfer not taking place is unprecedented & if true Fulham are in absolute financial meltdown!
Fulham played a brinkmanship, last minute game by putting in a bid for Hec of £5M & Chelsea got greedy.
DC rightly told them to ffcuk off & Fulham then tried to negotiate down, Chelsea told them to FRO & Fulham bottled it.

Hec doesn’t even have a squad number at Chelsea & is currently training with the kids. His only hope of kicking a ball before January is a loan to the Continent, Scotland or Leagues 1/2, and he’s only got less than 2 weeks to do it.

He may or may not be coming here in January but one place he definitely won’t be going is Fulham!
In summary Fulham have royally ffucked Hector, Wednesday & Chelsea in that order!

When exactly were Fulham supposed to have tabled this £5 million offer for Hector?

Sums football up. A player nearing the end of his contract nowhere near the first team, at an age where he is needing to play regular competing football and it’s all about everything else and not what is best for the player. No surprise there but there can’t be any surprises either when players are not ‘loyal’ to their clubs.

No winner at all in this.

3 minutes ago, Chansiri is king said:

He was never coming here , he was lined up for Fulham !! 

I think he was coming here and I think we could’ve negotiated a deal with CFC but the sessegnon deal allowed Fulham to put in a bid of around £5m and we weren’t prepared to match it. 

1 hour ago, casbahowl said:

His only hope of kicking a ball before January is a loan to the Continent

Sure Hector is annoyed he didn't get a move elsewhere. But i sense a loan to Vitesse Arnhem or somewhere else on the continent on a permanent deal, if Hector wants to do that. Otherwise 4 months doing training before moving 1st Jan. We will not need him by then is my hope/guess. Continent is a good call though as might be a good option for teams in the bundesliga 2 etc.

3 minutes ago, pussface said:

Be on a pre contract for a free the following summer.

No, it won't. English clubs cannot approach another English club's player until 28 days before the end of their contract. Them's the rules. Non-English clubs can approach him in June, English clubs will have to wait until May.

Just now, StudentOwl said:

No, it won't. English clubs cannot approach another English club's player until 28 days before the end of their contract. Them's the rules. Non-English clubs can approach him in June, English clubs will have to wait until May.

Yep you're right. My bad.

5 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Sure Hector is annoyed he didn't get a move elsewhere. But i sense a loan to Vitesse Arnhem or somewhere else on the continent on a permanent deal, if Hector wants to do that. Otherwise 4 months doing training before moving 1st Jan. We will not need him by then is my hope/guess. Continent is a good call though as might be a good option for teams in the bundesliga 2 etc.

He’s took this route before pal but I think it may have been by choice previously, not necessity!

4 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I think he was coming here and I think we could’ve negotiated a deal with CFC but the sessegnon deal allowed Fulham to put in a bid of around £5m and we weren’t prepared to match it. 

Nobody really knows what went off, privately hector might have prefered a move to fulham. No need to move house, better squad than ours, maybe bigger wages. What a player posts on social media and what he really wants are two different things, fulham are probably a more attractive option than us at the moment for a london based player!