mark1948

A fascinating time ahead.

44 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

So, an early prediction by me. If we try 3 CB's, Hutchinson shouldn't make the team.

We'd be too defensive, Hector can step up into CDM with possession, drop back into a back 3 without possession.

Which means, Hutchinson should never be considered for CM, due to his tendency to drop back into defence

And the fact he's likely to snap someone in two. lol

About as interesting and uninspiring this summer’s activities have been. Like the weather-complete wet fart

I have to chuckle sometimes. One minute Hector is the best thing since sliced bread, then it’s do we need him?

Next it’s Joao isn’t good enough we should sell him, scores a good goal at Reading and all of a sudden it’s we shouldn’t let him go. 

19 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Can Adam Reach?

Yes but only when he stretches...

Agreed @mark1948 it’s fascinating and full of the right kind of “problems”.

Do we play a three or a four at the back? 4 I think in most cases. To have Lees and Hec together with the very capable Borner wanting their shirt would be fantastic. But we would be very capable of switching for matches or late in games to a Lees Hec Borner back 3 allowing Iorfa and Palmer or Reach to be attacking WBs.

Who drops out when Iorfa returns? He starts at RB imo. Unlike some posters I haven’t written Moses off after 90 minutes, but Iorfa was a different level last season, and gave us such a threat up the right and at set-pieces. Also, at last a goal-scoring FB..worth his weight in gold.

Where does Borner fit in? Sub to start with if Hec comes back. But what a threat if they slip or assets if they have to sit out.

Does Van Aken get a place in midfield? Easy one...no. He gets a KLM ticket.

Does Lee keep a place or does Borner move forward? Lee is like a new player. He will score 7 or 8, he dovetails brilliantly with Baz, and he will be making tackles in our own six yard box. A diamond - Stay well ! I’ve no idea if Borner can play midfield. That would be great cos Hutch or Lee likely to miss plenty of minutes and matches.

Does FF play on the left or up front or just be an impact sub? Never up front I hope. Doesn’t work. We score less than one per game on avg when he does. However, perm any two of FF, Harris and Reach As wide forwards all season and we are in rich clover.

What of Palmer if Borner moves to left wingback? No idea if Borner has the pace or game to play LB. If Palmer plays like last season others will struggle to keep him out, whether LB or RB. Again, great competition for places. We’ve not had this for years. 

Who plays Right Back once Iorfa is back? Iorfa does. See above.

Great list of questions. All very positive too. In Lee, Iorfa, Moses and hopefully Hec we have 4 excellent “new” players.

Also Interesting isn’t it that neither you nor anyone questions who should be our first choice CF? The slimmer, fitter, healthier (touching lots of wood) Fletch is a no-brainer high quality first pick for us.

Happy days.

• Like 1